Goodenow Leaves New York, No Deal - per TSN, 590

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i'm sorry but i think it was a lot more than just the PA not bending enough...why not place the blame on both sides where it belongs. both sides would not bend enough to come to a compromise (as far as we know at this point)

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Let me say one things about a season...

IF is a deal is done, there is nothing stopping the NHL and players from moving the season and playoffs later in the year. If there is a will there is a way. But 1st things 1st a deal needs to be done

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Biggest Canuck Fan said:
Well that is the end of the NHL season and quite possibly the union.

I cannot believe how the PA would not even bend an inch.

I think I am going to clean my house now.

Interesting, you must know more than the rest of us. Were you in the room?

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
any chance Bob is going back to let the main Players Reps that "we cant win this, so what do you want me to do, accept what they have?". Perhaps that is why he is pissed, he didnt win. :dunno:

Just seems strange he wont talk to the media BUT the communication with the NHL remains open?

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Theyve had these small group meetings for 3 weeks now and no progress can come out of these meetings? Every week its the same old crap. Seems to me like neither one wants to give up anything in their negotiating. Theres middle ground, but neither one wants to find it. Hope theyre both ready to go off the cliff when they cancel the season.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This is ridiculous. Theyve had these small group meetings for 3 weeks now and no progress can come out of these meetings? Every week its the same old crap. Seems to me like neither one wants to give up anything in their negotiating. Theres middle ground, but neither one wants to find it. Hope theyre both ready to go off the cliff when they cancel the season.

agreed

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
I'm not so sure that they might not be kill the NFL as well as the season.

Season ticket holders, sponsorships, arena leases, draft class, free agents - the list of logistical problems to cancelling a season are huge and trying to put all that back together for a new season will be tough. Will season ticket holders come back once they pull that cost out of their bugets?

I don't know if the NHL will recover if the season is cancelled.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
JWI19 said:
Let me say one things about a season...

IF is a deal is done, there is nothing stopping the NHL and players from moving the season and playoffs later in the year. If there is a will there is a way. But 1st things 1st a deal needs to be done
The NHL has repeatedly said they don't like the season going into Mid-June. There is no way they would have part of the season/playoffs in end June/early July. Heck some of their reasoning for a shortened season is so they don't have to go so late into the year.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
A demonstrative storm out is simply a tactic by Goodenowe at this point. Goodenowe could EASILY have snuck out of the building, instead he choses to walk out the front door and appear really angry.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
krandor said:
I'm not so sure that they might not be kill the NFL as well as the season.

Season ticket holders, sponsorships, arena leases, draft class, free agents - the list of logistical problems to cancelling a season are huge and trying to put all that back together for a new season will be tough. Will season ticket holders come back once they pull that cost out of their bugets?

I don't know if the NHL will recover if the season is cancelled.
Perhaps that's what they've disscussed somewhat over the last 2 days. :dunno:
Either way its going to be a huge mess and once again the fans lose out.

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
Egil said:
A demonstrative storm out is simply a tactic by Goodenowe at this point. Goodenowe could EASILY have snuck out of the building, instead he choses to walk out the front door and appear really angry.

That way he can claim the NHL was so unreasonable that he couldn't belive what they said (insert some new quote like the one about the auto workers) and it was so shocking he was upset and just had to leave.

*sigh* more posturing and nothing getting done.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Crows said:
Really Interesting thing on the score.

EJ Hrdek or w/e his name is. Was saying that he finds it really odd because of where they met. CITI group building. He says there are mostly lawyer offices in that building and basically no "meeting rooms" he says that he feels there could have been some sort of third legal party there today.
EJ is an idiot.

Of course, lawyers' offices have meeting rooms. I don't get the point.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
They are both clowns but the season is not cancelled it won't be cancelled Cancelling the season is suicide for the future of the NH league. No way that will happen.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not to harp on him again, I really don't want to start another "is he or is he not" type of thread, but it's still important news...

Has anyone read Eklund's ( I know, I know ) last blog, makes alot of sense, way more sense than, there's no progress made...it explains the different statements made by both parties, as I thought, something happened at that meeting that really turned Goodenow off, that dosen't mean the season is cancelled though, I still think we'll see a 36-30 game season, but the NHL and NHLPA are really testing their fans patience, they're playing a very dangerous game right now, hopefully this charade can stop soon, i'm not so sure fans can take this anymore, today was supposed to be the day of decision, I don't think fans can go through another week like we just had...

something will happen soon, my guess, and hopefully. this weekend...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
VAN-HAB said:
They are both clowns but the season is not cancelled it won't be cancelled Cancelling the season is suicide for the future of the NH league. No way that will happen.

That's right, despite reports to the contrary, neither side is prepared to cancel the season, believe that!

But each side is willing to let the other believe they will until they get the best deal

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
And while they do all this they just hurt the fans. I know it's a cliche but before today, I was excited. I was enthusiastic something could be reached. I was willing to put up with it all because I wanted to see hockey. Now, with these 13hrs of meetings and storming out of town, I've had enough. I want to ring Goodenow's neck.

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Crows said:
OK people The score is just showing the video of goodnow. He was pissed.. he was telling the reporters to "GET BACK.. JUST STEP BACK"

COMMENT:

HE WAS THE ONLY man out of the building.

This is really weird folks. He's the only one to make a comment at all. I have a feeling something weird is up.
Goodenow is now realizing that he miscalculated the owners' resolve.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
misterjaggers said:
Goodenow is now realizing that he miscalculated the owners' resolve.

I think you might be right. All along Bob believed that the league would end up caving at the last moment just like they did in '94... but apparently they didn't - and now he's backed into a corner.

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
I'm betting that Gary said "Bob, I aint backing down. And I know that if the players were allowed to vote they would acept so I am going to ask them to do so. You've lost them and they are going to bury you now. Have a nice life sucker!" :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad