Confirmed with Link: Goodbye Sweet Prince: Ross Johnston Claimed By Anaheim

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Would be cool if he gets some playing time. I mean every girlfriend going to a hockey game that doesn't like hockey will be his biggest fan. He might do well in SoCal.

1.1M at 3 years for a guy who played like 28 games a year.

Yikes
Boxers have a fight like every couple months, so makes sense...oh, wait this is hockey.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I appreciated not only his fighting ability but the fact that he always gave great effort and despite his limited ability could make himself effective enough most of the time. He served us well, good luck brave warrior!
Pretty much the logical take. Isles needed a speed spot over him now. They have to get younger and faster. This was a much needed waive.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Well, Isles fans get another wish of players off the team: Eberle, Komarov, Leddy, Bailey, etc.

Who’s next on the wish list?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I’m not sure the contract matters. If buried in the minors I think it’s all of his contract.
I meant just in terms of pragmatism. It always seemed like the team was doing a dance around his contract with IR, waivers, etc. At least that part of it is done.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
He was signed (twice) with the idea that he would replace Martin. Unfortunately (for roster building purposes), Martin played just well enough to stay around and even earn a new contract. Having them both on the roster didn't really fit - more for roster spots than cap $$$.

I've always liked Ross and would have liked to see him get a regular 4th line spot in lieu of Martin. It never would fly in the lockerroom and fan base, but I would have waived Martin...he likely would have cleared (if he made it known that he didn't want to get taken) and then we would be able to bury him for a minute or two.

I'd be interested to find out how many claims were made for him. I'm not surprised he was claimed - wouldn't have been shocked either if he cleared.

Would have been exciting to see him in the AHL though. Every up and coming thug would want to take him on. He'd have much more action down there.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
What do you have for odds on Palmeri?
Pretty high, then when he missed parts of camp, ‘oh no, missing Palms is gonna be an issue,’ which was sort of funny.

Maybe you'll get your wish and Barzal will be traded.
Absent a miracle or the cap going up 20%, the Isles are married to him as a 60 point figure skater that can’t take faceoffs for $9M+…

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Pretty high, then when he missed parts of camp, ‘oh no, missing Palms is gonna be an issue,’ which was sort of funny.

Absent a miracle or the cap going up 20%, the Isles are married to him as a 60 point figure skater that can’t take faceoffs for $9M+…
What makes it even funnier is your next sentence.

• Love
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
You missed the point. What I found funny was you implying that people would miss Palmieri if he was gone but not Barzal.

What happens when the games are played is irrelevant because both players will get torched here.
Got it.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I'm going to miss the big guy. Wilson is going to have a field day, not looking forward to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad