Confirmed with Link: Goodbye Sweet Prince: Ross Johnston Claimed By Anaheim

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Truly can't believe it. Know he was a fan favorite, but it was outrageous to give him another 4 year deal. Hope he gets to play a lot in SoCal.

Can tell my grandkids I saw his first NHL goal live as well.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Never want to lose anybody for free but it provides management with an opportunity to try different things with the fourth line if (when) someone gets injured.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
surprised he was claimed with that much term left. Wish him well, could be a lot worse than california and a team without much expectations, lots of young talent needing protection - yada yada.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Good guy, great fighter, a modicum of skill… he’ll be missed on the Island, but glad his contract is off the books

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
My son wears 32 on his jerseys. He loved Ross.
Shame to see him go, but he was hardly ever olaying

Tuckisles

Oct 21, 2005
I would like to see us add a true heavyweight in Bridgeport that we can call up when it is needed. Martin seems more reluctant to go as he gets older and I don't like seeing Mayfield in the box for 5 minutes if he drops the gloves. I know the days of having a heavyweight dress every game are gone but there are still some games every year where one is needed.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Stumpy was a top 5 Islander to me...
He was in that Steve Thomas for Claude Lemieux for Wendel Clark trade .

maybe not top 5 for me but he was a real gamer like Hogue and Turgeon.

of the lesser know guys one of my favorites was Alan Kerr

Reactions: MarsTBOW

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I really liked Wendel Clark too. When his back was healthy enough to go Full Speed. ;)
Stumpy was special to me. Tough as nails for an average sized guy and had very good hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad