Confirmed with Link: Goodbye Kamenev

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nah man. Jared loves Wilson. If anything Nieto would be the guy who sees pine. Seems like Nieto is a healthy scratch atleast once a year and usually early in the season.

I feel like Bednar identifies who the tough love approach will work with and is extra tough on them early on every year. Just to send a message to them and the rest of the team for the season. He's really tough on Z early in every season too.

It's like going to prison and finding someone you can beat up on the first day. :laugh:

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I feel like Bednar identifies who the tough love approach will work with and is extra tough on them early on every year. Just to send a message to them and the rest of the team for the season. He's really tough on Z early in every season too.

It's like going to prison and finding someone you can beat up on the first day. :laugh:
Find the biggest guy and take him out first just to show the other invicts you mean business haha.

Reactions: Murzu and Foppa2118

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
tenor.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Seems like a nice kid and it was an extremely unfortunate situation with the injuries.

It did look like there was some lack of effort sometimes though.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
When the dude was engaged in the game he looked like he could be a top 6'er. If only that was more than 10 minute segments every 15 games or so.

Also so much for Dater's breaking story with his agent about him wanting to be in Colorado. I feel like him and his scoops are just purely used for leverage at this point.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
When the dude was engaged in the game he looked like he could be a top 6'er. If only that was more than 10 minute segments every 15 games or so.

Also so much for Dater's breaking story with his agent about him wanting to be in Colorado. I feel like him and his scoops are just purely used for leverage at this point.
He never looked fully engaged and he had the worst awareness. Thats why he got lit up all the time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Yeah the emphatic denials were a bit much. It wasn’t just Dater driven but for some reason they wanted to pretend it wasn’t happening. Even the Russian source said agreed to terms not signed yet. I could get it if Avs and Kam were waiting for NHL offseason to see if there was a final nibble but just to wait a week later, come on.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Broke his arm on his first shift as an Avs player.

That kind of luck never left his side and he never seemed like the type to battle and overcome adversity.

This was an expected outcome.

Off falls a branch from the Duchene trade tree.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We have his rights until 2023, so hopefully he can have a good couple of years in SKA and perhaps come back in 2022 and make an impact (at which stage we'll have a need for a Center if Kadri doesn't get resigned).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I don't think he ever looked anything close to a top 6'er. He looked like a good bottom 6'er in spurts though.

Reactions: klozge

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
That sucks. I was so sure this kid was going to develop into a decent middle-6er. Strong on his skates and ALWAYS had 2 hands on his stick in the D-zone, I loved it. I am disappointed to hear he signed in the KHL.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nah. He was never NHL material IMO. Horrible situational awareness and what little spurts of good play he had were few and far between. Didn't have the speed, the durability, or the hockey sense to make it. He'll be happy in the KHL I'm sure. He seems very fond of Sevastopol on the Russian Riviera (and that's not meant as a knock on him) so he'll be closer to it.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I was pretty sure Kam was going to be an underrated piece of the trade when it happened. He seemed like he was just stuck in the AHL and begging for a chance to break into the big leagues and make an impact. Given his awareness on the ice, it's kind of a miracle he didn't get his head taken off by some AHL gorilla down there.

Reactions: LTC Pain and klozge

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seeing the success and recent contract received by Nichushkin, can't help wondering if Kamenev is a candidate for a similar breakout?

Had a successful playoff run for CSKA and thought either the Avalanche or another team via trade would be looking to give him a shot.

• Wow
Reactions: Turbonium

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seeing the success and recent contract received by Nichushkin, can't help wondering if Kamenev is a candidate for a similar breakout?

Had a successful playoff run for CSKA and thought either the Avalanche or another team via trade would be looking to give him a shot.
Nuke is an absolute forechecking monster... Kamenev doesn't know what a forecheck is. Kam's never breaking out in the NA game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad