Goodbye Erik Cole

BeBen*

He gave us one good season, in a year where he was the only one producing rofl

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
He was the kind of player we were searching for for years, a power forward who could score...then we unload him a season later.

Cap hit or not I don't give a ****, and I'm biased because I love him, but I don't understand. He was coming around too.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
loved Cole even if he wasn't scoring this season. Great hustler and we couldn't ask for a better mentor for Pacioretty. Thank you Erik!

Davebo*

I liked this player - too bad he couldn't have stayed. Seems like a decent team mate....

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Cole was so amazing down the stretch last season. Not like it mattered much. But with how sour he seemed about the lockout and all, it pretty much dissolved everything for me. If he waived his NTC, that pretty much proves he wanted out. And I'm all for bidding adieu in that circumstance, for all that he was so amazing last season. :(

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He annoyed me this summer and hasn't been great this year, but he was one of the best things about last season and his teammates seemed to love him. I wish him nothing but luck.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
My favorite player last year, bought one of his t shirts, he lost his mind over the summer and I hated him this year. That about sums it up

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Not sure why all the hate around here.
he was having a hard time getting going in a year where we really didnt need him to get going.
I wouldnt have minded if we were more patient with him
I just hope that this leads to bigger things and not just a dump for a dump's sake

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Was a beast last year, like we rarely seen here in Mtl. Too bad it happened in such an inane season.

And he high-fived a ref !!

Erik Cole, we hardly knew you ! Thx for that great season

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He provided an element we lacked. Drove to the net and probably helped pacioretty develop slightly. Nothing bad to say about him. His contract did him in, good luck Cole.

Pigems*

So we give away a guy that is 6'2" for a guy that is 6'0", I thought we wanted to get bigger? I understand swapping for another right handed shot for the left we have needed more right handed shooters for a while and their point totals semester to be pretty close the past couple seasons, but couldn't we have got someone bigger?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I just don't understand what happened with Cole.

I loved him, even this season he wasn't as bad as ppl were complaining. But I just don't understand what went wrong this season.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I just don't understand what happened with Cole.

I loved him, even this season he wasn't as bad as ppl were complaining. But I just don't understand what went wrong this season.

Slow start post-lockout, looked to be back the last few games, robbed of a goal last night....sigh.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So we give away a guy that is 6'2" for a guy that is 6'0", I thought we wanted to get bigger? I understand swapping for another right handed shot for the left we have needed more right handed shooters for a while and their point totals semester to be pretty close the past couple seasons, but couldn't we have got someone bigger?

Cole's age, contract and production didn't exactly make him worth David Backes. Let's call it for what it is, we got a similarly talented player with a more flexible contract.

That being said, there's a thread to discuss the trade.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Not sure it was such a good idea to give him up. That team just got even smaller. Cole, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty are the only forwards with size that can also produce. Ryder is 2 inches shorter and 10lbs lighter than Cole.

Pleakanec, Gionta, Gallagher, Desharnais, Ryder, White. All these guys are 6' or under. Not to mention the small D with nobody over 6'2''. That's a small team we're looking at. Price is the biggest player and is the goalie. Montreal are still the smurfs...

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Favourite Cole moments:

- Natural hat-trick in Ottawa last year
- The moustache and hand signalling from the bench
- High-fiving the ref

Thanks for the memories, Erik.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
He was the kind of player we were searching for for years, a power forward who could score...then we unload him a season later.

Cap hit or not I don't give a ****, and I'm biased because I love him, but I don't understand. He was coming around too.

He didn't want to be in Montreal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great season last year!! Really disappointed with him this year...must have wanted out?? There were comments about his daughter, and schooling around the lockout??

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Not sure it was such a good idea to give him up. That team just got even smaller. Cole, Eller, Bourque and Pacioretty are the only forwards with size that can also produce. Ryder is 2 inches shorter and 10lbs lighter than Cole.

Pleakanec, Gionta, Gallagher, Desharnais, Ryder, White. All these guys are 6' or under. Not to mention the small D with nobody over 6'2''. That's a small team we're looking at. Price is the biggest player and is the goalie. Montreal are still the smurfs...

Nonsense, we got Prust, Moen an White that can fight and hit, Emelin hits like a beast + MaxPac and the 6'7 Tinordi coming soon... We are 2 inches and 10lbs smaller today and we are now back to the smurfs status?? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad