Post-Game Talk: Goodbye 2013 | Pens-1 Devils-2

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It was bound to catch up to them with such a depleted roster. Not the best team to be depleted for. Some effort earlier and maybe they're tied 1-1 at the end.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Please get rid of chuck kobasew. The penguins all ready carry about 5 players that can't hit an open net.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Pens 3-11-2 in the past 6 seasons in NJ since I moved here. Most of those games are some of the most lethargic I've ever witnessed over that period, too.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
...but...Engelland is playing well.

Well he's not good enough to be in our top 6 D-Men.
Sit Engo. Play Scuds or Despres @ RD with Maata in.

Oh and come back Geno.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
+ If Craig Adams is playing this many minutes on an NHL roster, then my NHL dream is still alive!
+ Niskanen

--------------- to infinity: Bylsma. His personnel decisions are incredible. I know that sometimes people can accuse coaches of playing favourites and whatnot, but this is actually unbelievable.

I can't get mad at Adams anymore. It's not his fault he's being played this much. The only reason Adams should ever be on the ice for this team is to rest players that are better than him. THAT'S IT. He sucks. He sucks sooo bad. He has about as much skill as Peter Worrell, but isn't nearly as black or as tough.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Bylsma has yet to figure the Devils out. Really, it doesn't even seems like he tries anymore. Just tries the same thing over and over without any success. God forbid if we meet them in the playoffs.

+ Despres was awesome... except on the PP where he pulled his inner Letang.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Whenever the pens play in NJ it always ends up being the same type of game, i feel like i could of watched a pens game in NJ 2 years ago and it would of looked the same way this game did.

+ no more NJ games for the rest of the year.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Jokinen missed a gaping net, Kobasew missed like two. Other than that worst game of 2013 to watch...actually hat was all bad too.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Despres was really good; Scuderi looked better, still not there; Crosby got a point.

- I don't like watching the Devils, I don't like watching the Pens in early games, I don't like watching the Pens play the Devils.
- Bylsma's issue with his favourites is ridiculous, take them all away from him and any time he gets a new one take that one away too. God knows he won't make a good player one of his favourites.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Hopefully we won´t see the Devils this season again. Those are some horrible games of hockey against them. Their style is working against us. Jussi and Gladams are horribad. Kobasew is a joke. Pathetic effort, let´s move on. Our depleted roster is not good enough to create things against them when being down on the scoreboard.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
+ Despres

- Bylsma

Looking forward to 2014.

Still trying to figure out how every loss is on Bylsma, even though we've been playing with a spring training split squad for a month. We have a hard time getting results in Newark for some reason, but the effort wasn't a dud. If kunitz hits the wide open net in the first, it could be a completely different game. We lost, oh well.

Can't believe we can win 14 of our last 17 with this horrid coach regardless of all these superstars we've had in the lineup. :sarcasm:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I saw so much energy from kids who were basically WBS guys that were changing momentum in close games. I cannot watch Koby, Adams, Jussi, and Glass anymore. I can take 1 out of the 4 and deal with it. Take 3 and make 'em go.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I also don't know why DB doesn't try to work Gibbons into the PK either.
Like have a Sill/Gibbons combo.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Bylsma has yet to figure the Devils out. Really, it doesn't even seems like he tries anymore. Just tries the same thing over and over without any success. God forbid if we meet them in the playoffs.

+ Despres was awesome... except on the PP where he pulled his inner Letang.

Because he's the dumbest person to ever be born.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Still trying to figure out how every loss is on Bylsma, even though we've been playing with a spring training split squad for a month. We have a hard time getting results in Newark for some reason, but the effort wasn't a dud. If kunitz hits the wide open net in the first, it could be a completely different game. We lost, oh well.

Can't believe we can win 14 of our last 17 with this horrid coach regardless of all these superstars we've had in the lineup. :sarcasm:

It took us playing really horrible hockey and being down by 2 for Neal to be put on Sid's line, and he still waited until the third period to do it. He put the only two dmen in the lineup that can move the puck well on the same pairing. Orpik-Engo was constantly out with Sid's line despite not being able to contribute offensively. Engelland was our most played dman. Adams and Glass were grossly overplayed once again. We attempt the same thing against the Devils every game despite it not working and he doesn't adjust or change anything.

ComplianceBuyout

Feb 18, 2009
Montreal
Regarding the whole Engo thing, i'm hoping reaaaally hard that it's just a showcase type thing, and that a trade involving him is just around the corner... cuz it's not helping us much, if at all right now

Maybe it's the same story for Gladams? #wishfulthinking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad