Good Places to watch Habs game in Downtown Ottawa

EBS111

Feb 5, 2004
Toronto
hey everyone

I am a Habs fan from out of town staying in downtown Ottawa, just wondering where is a good place to watch the Habs / Flames game tomorrow (Tues Jan 24 )??

Also is the game going to be televised in this area, if so what channel ??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I don't really know about Ottawa, but I liked yo go either to "La cage aux sports" or "Le forum" in Gatineau, which aren't that far from DT Ottawa. Le Forum has specials on chicken wings when the habs play.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't really know about Ottawa, but I liked yo go either to "La cage aux sports" or "Le forum" in Gatineau, which aren't that far from DT Ottawa. Le Forum has specials on chicken wings when the habs play.

That's the other place, been there a few times, pretty good

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Real Sports is a great option if you're on the company credit card

Cages aux Sports in Hull, just cross the bridge and you're there in 6min

speaking of Cage, does anyone else like their new menu? Night and day difference from the garbage they used to serve.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The Cage in Hull doesn't exist anymore.

But yeah, Lucien if you're in Ottawa... Pêle-Mêle if you're in Downtown Hull, Forum if you're in Gatineau.

feds91

May 17, 2004
You need to go to Kanata many Sens fan there.

I went to the Sens vs Caps game 2 weekends ago, and when they showed the Habs-Leafs score on the giant screen (Habs were winning), the entire arena cheered. There are a lot of Habs fans in Ottawa (and Leafs haters of course). That kinda surprised me.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Real Sports is a great option if you're on the company credit card

speaking of Cage, does anyone else like their new menu? Night and day difference from the garbage they used to serve.

:laugh:....that bar doesn't exist either, they shut down not too long ago.

Haven't been to Cage in a while, since I left Montreal to be precise. Gonna have to go check it out...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's Ottawa, you're not going to have good sports anything.

Chez Lucien has like one TV and it's old and small. Decent food but it's loud.

Your best bet might be MacLaren's on Elgin if all you care about is a hockey game. But I would eat elsewhere before. Beer is expensive there too.

The new Clocktower on Elgin is decent for hockey. Lots of TVs.

Games are always televised. Channel 27 is Sportsnet. HD feed is 502 I think (Sportsnet HD are channels 501-504 or something). That's Rogers, not sure about Bell.

Last edited:

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I've lived in Ottawa Centretown for about 18 months now.

MacLaren's on Elgin is always one of my favourites, great atmosphere with a lot of TV's, plus you can shoot some pool during intermissions.

There's a place called The Senate in the Byward Market, on Clarence St. that's also a good place to watch hockey.

Pub 101 on York St. is also another favourite of mine because of their $5 meals and $5 pints. It's a hotspot for young people (like myself haha). Not as ideal for watching hockey, but a fun place to be nontheless.

Since today is Tuesday, you could hit St.Louis on Elgin for 1/2 priced wings.

I used to love Real Sports until it closed back in October/November, it was quite pricey but the 2-storey TV screen was quite the sight.

Clocktower Pub is also nice, lots of craft beers, there's one on Elgin and another one in the Byward Market on Clarence, then another one on Bank St in the Glebe.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
hey everyone

I am a Habs fan from out of town staying in downtown Ottawa, just wondering where is a good place to watch the Habs / Flames game tomorrow (Tues Jan 24 )??

Also is the game going to be televised in this area, if so what channel ??

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

First, all the games are televised in Ottawa on Sportsnet. We're considered to be in the Ottawa territory as well as Montreal territory.

So it really depends what you like in a pub/bar. If you want good beer, than you have several options such as Clocktower pubs (there's one on Elgin right downtown) and one in the Glebe which isn't that far on Bank st.. There is also Local Lansdowne on Bank street which is next to TD Place (home of the Ottawa Fury FC and RedBlacks). Also next to that place is The Craft Beer Market which has hundreds of craft beers of taps. Atomic Rooster and Arrow and Loon should also show the game and are full of craft beer.

As far as just sports bar, there's the James Street Pub at the corner of James/Bank, several Royal Oaks... pretty much unlimited number of pubs to watch hockey.

Either way, your best bet is Elgin or Bank Street, which run parallel and are only a few blocks away from each other.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There's one in Gatineau down the 50(Maloney blvd)

I know -- I was mostly pointing out that someone looking for La Cage in Hull would find a Houston Steak & Côtes Levées instead.

Oct 22, 2012
While we are talking bout Ottawa, can anyone recommend any hotels or restaurants in DT Ottawa? Going to habs vs sens game in March.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
While we are talking bout Ottawa, can anyone recommend any hotels or restaurants in DT Ottawa? Going to habs vs sens game in March.

Humm.... Can't say for hotels. I mean, the only place I ever lodged in Ottawa was Le Château Laurier. And everyone is probably aware of the existence of that one.

Restaurants... well... If you have a craving for Smokehouse, go to the SmoqueShack and not at the Fatboys.

And if you're into Craft Beer, BROTHERS BEER BISTRO. Like, don't even think about something else, unless you want to go to a brewery.. in which case there's Waller St. Brewery on Nicholas/Waller (whatever...)

Last edited:

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Another good spot if your a little more east (gloucester) or west (kanata), there's Big Rig which is partly owned by Chris Philips of the Sens. Good food, beer and a lot of TVs.

Big rig is expensive AF though.

Go to Le Forum in Gatineau, you won't be dissapointed

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
How Down Town are you? Like, near the market or along Bank/Elgin? I'll second Chez Lucien's if you're near the market (though I've never been there for a game, the food is awesome though) but if you're closer to Bank/Elgin most places will switch a TV for you because it's Ottawa on a snowy Tuesday night so chances are most places won't be near full.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad