Speculation: Good News

Jackie Treehorn

Sep 5, 2008
I'm excited to have a young lineup. From what I see we will be a better skating team. I think EK will be healthy so that's a major bonus. I think there is lots of room for intrinsic improvement on defense.
I'm interested to see chaisson and Zbad and stone. Should be entertaining anyway.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
It sucks right now, but we got some good pieces for Spezza.

Paul sounds like he could be a really good player. Chaisson is young with good potential, Guptill is one of the best in NCAA isn't he?, and we got a 2nd.

Hopefully this trade Murray is talking about is a good one.

Maybe this gives room for Lazar to flourish.

Guptil was ranked 9th on the Dallas list and Paul did not make their top 20. The Havlat trade netted better results and the 2nd rounder turned out for Ottawa (Wiercioch)

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
Death is certain, and from that, release from the tortuous burden of Senators fandom.

MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Hopefully MacLean goes back to the year one coach who let the young guys play and didn't ride GSN 15+ min a game.

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
We got some prospects and a big guy with some good potential which is always nice for Spezza.
We have a lineup that is shaking up to look strong in two way game from top to bottom, which I think will help the goalies improve by taking a load off of them, and the defence won't be left alone as well. I think we will have a more balanced lineup which is nice to have.

Losing top players is ahrd, but maybe it pushes Zibby and Turris to take charge and grab the task given to them and they push through and excel. Either way it happens im excited about the coming season, hopefully not a stinker!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Sarcastic good news: Phillips and Michalek are back, and will play a lot of minutes!

Real good news: we should hopefully see a full healthy season of Karlsson, Ryan and Methot. If these three guys do what they're capable of, we might just be fine no matter what the coach does.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
If like, out of Sweden some crazy pictures of Karlsson's bull-steroid up achilles leaked to the media along with an interview about how 120% his recovery is.

We can rebuild. Bigger, faster, better.

This was a wish list right?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The best news any of us can ever wish to receive-hockey wise- is for Karlsson to be 100% again.

To have the best player in the game completely changes the fate of this team, now and in the future.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Good news that has to happen for us to be a playoff team again:

-full recovery from karlsson to be a super elite dman again
-a full healthy year of growth from Cowen so that he's a legit physical shutdown guy again, and not a lumbering pylon
-goaltending tandem giving us top shelf, .920+ goaltending again
-the growth of zbad into a legit two-way C who can contribute 40-50+ pts
-the emergence of one of the kids (Hoffman, stone, lazar etc) as a bonafide NHL player who can have an impact

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If there is any positive news out of Brian Murray's cancer diagnosis, it may be a tigher group with a collective goal. Play your heart out for him. Coach your heart out for him. They way the organization rallied around Roger Neilson, the same can be done here, from the training rooms, the ice, behind the bench, in the front office, in the stands, in our city.

Tough to find good news sometimes, but with cancer it is not the scary monster it used to be. Medicine is getting better, treatments are getting better. Of course there is always going to be terminal cases, but by and large early treatment is a huge gamechanger.

Dick Ripietro

Jul 7, 2014
Canada
If there is any positive news out of Brian Murray's cancer diagnosis, it may be a tigher group with a collective goal. Play your heart out for him. Coach your heart out for him. They way the organization rallied around Roger Neilson, the same can be done here, from the training rooms, the ice, behind the bench, in the front office, in the stands, in our city.

Tough to find good news sometimes, but with cancer it is not the scary monster it used to be. Medicine is getting better, treatments are getting better. Of course there is always going to be terminal cases, but by and large early treatment is a huge gamechanger.
Just like the colts and Chuck Pagano

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the team will rally around Murray's illness. Hopefully this is an instance where something was caught early and they can fix it.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Puck drop..can't wait to see this year's Sens team hit the ice. So many interesting new players, and young guns looking to grow into their game. Pageau. Stone.

King K's fully-healed Achilles. Legwand. Yee-haa! Bring on the hockey...

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
PPG best puck possession and takeaway defender in the league with great defense playing 25+ mins a night > 100 point center.

Gonna have to go ahead and disagree here... You might be pumping his tires a little too much here...

PPG? No, but very close
Best possession & Takeaway defender? Yeah, when he tries
Great Defense? Uhhh... Really?
25+ mins a night? Yes

I love EK, but he isnt the best player in the game... He had a 5-10 game stint before he got hurt where Jason York was dropping "best in the game"... It takes more than that to earn that label IMO....

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I'm really hoping ZIbanejad can take another step this season. To me he's still the most intriguing player on the team about what he can offer for this team. He's got great potential

I don't even miss Silfverberg to be honest.. glad we kept Zibanejad

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I think the team will rally around Murray's illness. Hopefully this is an instance where something was caught early and they can fix it.

Good news scenario, Murray steps down, Dorion (great Scout he is) knows Hockey and fixes what Murray can't :yo:

All the best to Murray in his recovery and realize he should enjoy his retirement! :handclap:

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Just prior to the injury Karlsson was right up there with Crosby in terms of how much he controlled games. It is not outrageous to compare the two assuming Karlsson's injury is fully healed.

100% agree with you....people forget the way Karlsson was playing before he got injured.

Lehnsanity

Oct 10, 2012
Ottawa
All I will say is Karlsson is no where close to Crosby's level. Ya, he's a top 5 d-man, but he's still no where close.

Back on topic though, some good I'm hoping can come from this season will be Lehner finding his form again.. Hopefully he can put last year behind him and come out strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad