Speculation: Good News

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Today was a rough one for some Sens fans. A few fans may extend it to being a tough week, seeing as the draft day experience was less than stellar. There may even be a few people out there who would call it a tough year, starting the Alfie departure.

I think the team is in desperate need of a feel good story, or at the very least some good PR. I decided to start a thread for people to make predictions about what the next positive story about the club will be.

I'll go first. My guess is in the next few days the club will sign Ryan to a long term extension in the 5 or 6 year range.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The return on Spezza isn't that bad: Chiasson looks like a solid 2nd line winger in the making and the other two are reported to have good ceilings.

The team has performed well without Spezza in recent times so while I'm a big fan of his I am excited about the new generation. The old core is pretty much done: Phillips and Neil are fringe players now but it's nice to have them around.

Murray said he's working on a trade for a significant player and that's always exciting

Ryan will be extended, there's just no ****ing way management can allow it not to happen right?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We've proven we can win without Spezza.

In a year that had everything go wrong, we missed the playoffs by a few points.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
It sucks right now, but we got some good pieces for Spezza.

Paul sounds like he could be a really good player. Chaisson is young with good potential, Guptill is one of the best in NCAA isn't he?, and we got a 2nd.

Hopefully this trade Murray is talking about is a good one.

Maybe this gives room for Lazar to flourish.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
On good PR story, we will get a good player back soon that'll help this team a lot.

We've proven we can win without Spezza.

In a year that had everything go wrong, we missed the playoffs by a few points.

Agreed.

Karlsson back to normal.

Full healthy season of Ryan.

Turris and Zibanejad progressions.

Defense extra year of experience.

Stone full season in NHL after promising start and finish.

Did I mention no more Spezza?

PESKY BOYS ARE BACK!!

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I don't even want to make the playoffs next year, because there's no way we're going to accomplish anything with our roster. I'd rather blow it up, get some really good pieces, and then go into the playoffs with a legitimate chance of winning.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I think we flip the Dallas 2nd, and throw in Wiercioch and a prospect for an LW.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I don't even want to make the playoffs next year, because there's no way we're going to accomplish anything with our roster. I'd rather blow it up, get some really good pieces, and then go into the playoffs with a legitimate chance of winning.

Isn't this thread suppose to be about... you know, positive stuff?
Anyways, if Murray is working on a move, then fantastic. Ryan extension would also be awesome.

Don't mind the return THAT much, obviously it's not perfect but meh, it's over.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Ryan will be extended, there's just no ****ing way management can allow it not to happen right?

That's completely up to Ryan. Ottawa doesn't have the money to severely over pay, and he might be willing to take less to play for a winner.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We just gained about 3M in cash for next season and Murray plans on spending it. Once that's spent, the true return for Spezza is going to look pretty similar to the return Murray was asking for.

One year of Jason Spezza (our 2nd line centre)

FOR

Alex Chiasson
a 2nd round pick in a deep draft
2 prospects that the team seems to like
a $3M player.

That's much better than Spezza walking next season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's completely up to Ryan. Ottawa doesn't have the money to severely over pay, and he might be willing to take less to play for a winner.

If managements offers a fair contract and makes a move for a considerable player like he said he was trying to do there isn't much more that I can ask them to do

If that happens and Ryan walks then so be it

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
On good PR story, we will get a good player back soon that'll help this team a lot.

Agreed.

Karlsson back to normal.

Full healthy season of Ryan.

Turris and Zibanejad progressions.

Defense extra year of experience.

Stone full season in NHL after promising start and finish.

Did I mention no more Spezza?

PESKY BOYS ARE BACK!!

I'm really anxious to see more of Mark Stone - he'll definitely be my favorite rookie going forward.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We just gained about 3M in cash for next season and Murray plans on spending it. Once that's spent, the true return for Spezza is going to look pretty similar to the return Murray was asking for.

One year of Jason Spezza (our 2nd line centre)

FOR

Alex Chiasson
a 2nd round pick in a deep draft
2 prospects that the team seems to like
a $3M player.

That's much better than Spezza walking next season.

Chaisson is intriguing for sure but never really watched him. maybe i will go back and watch.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Nice to see you guys are on an emotional upswing given where you were a few hours ago...

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i thought really good news would be on the horizon in terms of spending

but today it confirmed to me that we'll compete on a budget and we'll be a farm system to other teams

i've accepted it

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Another thing

Murray said the rebuild was over and this team would be a hard-nosed competiting team

Obviously it's a bit of a sell (and maybe a stretch) but it was nice to hear conviction from the top like that

We need more swagger

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Another thing

Murray said the rebuild was over and this team would be a hard-nosed competiting team

Obviously it's a bit of a sell (and maybe a stretch) but it was nice to hear conviction from the top like that

We need more swagger

Agreed. I like hearing that "**** all of you, we're good" attitude. Not sure how warranted it will ultimately prove to be but nice.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Here's good news. Today a reporter asked Karlsson how his leg was and he said it was 100% better than ever. He then asked btw how do you spell your first name is a C or a K at the end?

Karlsson answered:

No C or K

It's a G

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
More guts is good thing.

We've always wanted to shift to the hard-working competitive team we had two years ago and last year for some reason we got off the track. We're going to try to get back on track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad