Speculation: Good News

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Gonna have to go ahead and disagree here... You might be pumping his tires a little too much here...

PPG? No, but very close
Best possession & Takeaway defender? Yeah, when he tries
Great Defense? Uhhh... Really?
25+ mins a night? Yes

I love EK, but he isnt the best player in the game... He had a 5-10 game stint before he got hurt where Jason York was dropping "best in the game"... It takes more than that to earn that label IMO....

I'm not saying Karlsson is best player now. He's arguable for even top 5 D.

Karlsson at 100% is.

People also seem to forget Karlsson was best player in Olympics too.. and he wsn't even 100%.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm not saying Karlsson is best player now. He's arguable for even top 5 D.

Karlsson at 100% is.

People also seem to forget Karlsson was best player in Olympics too.. and he wsn't even 100%.

The issue I see is that a generational talent #1 Centre who lives up to his billing in play is far more valuable than a generational talent offensive defenseman who also lives up to his talent.

SC's offense over EK's is more impressive than EK's defence over SC's.

They are both dreamy and everyone must remember that we're talking about Crosby over EK, and not Crosby is awesome and EK sucks.

Personally, I wouldn't choose any other defenseman over him for our team. Defence comes cheap, 70 points is something you can't buy.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but again, in the Jr Worlds here in Ottawa in '09, I couldn't understand what the hype was with him, as he disappeared against Canada. :amazed: I wondered what the Sens saw in him.

But ya, we are that good when we have the right management picking the players for this Country. :)

Lehnsanity

Oct 10, 2012
Ottawa
I love the guy, don't get me wrong, but again, in the Jr Worlds here in Ottawa in '09, I couldn't understand what the hype was with him, as he disappeared against Canada. :amazed: I wondered what the Sens saw in him.

But ya, we are that good when we have the right management picking the players for this Country. :)

Dude.. in both these tournaments your talking about the BEST TEAM... They dominated in 09, and they dominated in Sochi... No one did that well against them in the juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad