Good news..

source

Jul 13, 2008
What's really amazing is how good our defence was last year... until the Pittsburgh series.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
Im a pretty rational and optimistic fan, most of the time, but I dont see this group of players turning it around this season. There's something missing.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I admire your optimism, and I will be happy and surprised if we do manage to turn it around, I always have a little bit of hope left.

BUT, as a fan of this team since many years, this year is the first time I am like : "why am I watching this crap?" . The only reason that keeps me watching this disaster this year is Karlsson Zibanejad and Ryan. Outside of that it has been 100% awful, nothing is right and we don't even look pissed about losing. I may be over reacting, but it's becoming pretty hard for me to spend a lot of money on my team when our own owner doesn't even want to spend to help us. It's insulting me a little bit. I paid 130$ to go to the Dec 14th game vs LA and no kidding I am thinking about selling my ticket...

ahhh, sorry guys, feeling better now, and still I have hope and from the bottom of my heart I do hope they start winning like last year and we have fun again watching this team, cause I am pretty sure there aren't a lot of fans having fun right now...

AND YES, I do care too much about the game, I know it's only a sport and it's entertainement, but I freaking love it

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think this team has lost its way but I think it is possible that they will turn it around. Alfie was here a long time , maybe last night will be some sort of catharsis and they will realize they have to find it in themselves to make their own identity.

I think the coaches who have been faithful to a fault to their veterans have had to make their move as far as Michalek and Anderson are concerned.

They need some speed-maybe this it the right time for Hoffman.

Evidently Spezza was flying around this morning in practice feeling more comfortable with Zibanejad and enjoying playing with a smart veteran player in MacArthur.

Karlsson is looking more like his old self and as long as Turris and Ryan keep up their stellar play I think there is a chance they make the playoffs.

I think the Leafs, Habs and Lightening could be coming back to earth.

So yes. I think they may be able to turn this ship around.Lets face it, with no 1st in the draft, they have to.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
And the bad news is that the sens may lose tim murray to buffalo. :cry:

Bruce Garrioch:
Confirmed Sabres have received permission to speak to Sens AGM Tim Murray about GM job. Not sure when those talks will take place.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Under normal circumstances we would not make the plyoffs,but the teams above us are terrible. most of the eastern conference is bad, and not really getting any better. they started hot and now are seeing what they really are, we might just be the opposite of that. I think its all very close at the end of the year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

I'd love to think you had something here, but I just don't see it.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
I was hoping for good news when i opened this thread.

So now Tim might dissappear? I am dissappoint. :(

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Im a pretty rational and optimistic fan, most of the time, but I dont see this group of players turning it around this season. There's something missing.

To be honest I think the team is missing Alfie's mentorship.

If you attended a practice over the last few years of Alfie, you would see he was always talking to the guys/coaches. After practice he held his game of keep-away and all the young guys followed him like the pied piper.

The level of respect he had from both coaches and players made him infinitely more effective in his role as captain.

Alfie was the senior citizen, 15 - 20 years older than many of the players. So they listened to learn, they watched him walk the talk, and then they developed a deep lasting respect for him.

It a tough void to fill and an even tougher act to follow.

I have no idea what is happening in the room, but it is obvious to me the players haven't found the guy they want to follow on the ice as of yet.

sensrmyheart*

I remember at one point Rob Ray from the Buffalo broadcast was saying that Ottawa's problem in 2006 was that everyone was too friendly in the locker room, no one wanted to stand up and call out each other's mistakes. I didn't believe it then but thinking about it now maybe that's Ottawa's problem now? I can't picture Spezza getting in anyone's face and telling them to tighten up defensively, or exert themselves more on the forecheck when he doesn't give it all himself, Philips is too old and Neil is probably thinking "Who would listen to me?" Neil should have gotten the C, maybe that would have gave him the confidence to stand up there and lead, because we all now he could.

simplefan

May 25, 2008
We're coming through

We could have won yesterday. Why we didnt?

It wasn't the defense's fault. They were stellar.
It wasn't Robin's fault. He was solid.

It was all on the forwards not being opportunistic and really bad line changes. I mean yesterday was almost a perfect game from a defensive standpoint.

I think that if we turn it around next game, for the next 5 games, we'll see the dominant Ottawa Senators. We're close. We have improved a lot, we just need to put it all together.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Maclean still believes:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ling-sens/article15733190/#dashboard/follows/

“I don’t believe in magic or wizardry,†MacLean said. “I believe in hard work. There’s no magic, no potion. We’re still searching. We can’t just stick our heads in the sand and say this is the way we are.

“We know we haven’t played well. We haven’t found our best team yet. I still believe we’re going to like where we are a the end.â€

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
We could have won yesterday. Why we didnt?

It wasn't the defense's fault. They were stellar.
It wasn't Robin's fault. He was solid.

It was all on the forwards not being opportunistic and really bad line changes. I mean yesterday was almost a perfect game from a defensive standpoint.

I think that if we turn it around next game, for the next 5 games, we'll see the dominant Ottawa Senators. We're close. We have improved a lot, we just need to put it all together.

I wouldn.t go as far as perfect but a WHOLE TEAM defence is required. The Fanatics find a player or position(goalie or defence) on the screen and place fault after each goal against. Forward errors requires more hockey intelligence to determine and often happen off the TV screen.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Maclean still believes:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ling-sens/article15733190/#dashboard/follows/

“I don’t believe in magic or wizardry,†MacLean said. “I believe in hard work. There’s no magic, no potion. We’re still searching. We can’t just stick our heads in the sand and say this is the way we are.

“We know we haven’t played well. We haven’t found our best team yet. I still believe we’re going to like where we are at the end.â€

Gothenburg 40*

The Good News: LOOK AT THE SENATOR'S OFFENCE!!!!! It's about time they start being compared to the best scoring teams again.

The Bad News: Key players have been ******** the bed: (Last year Anderson didn't almost ever let in more than 2 per game, now he can't let in less than 4 per game to save his life; Cowen told the whole world what he thinks he's worth and sat out to get it and is now doing nothing to prove he deserves it; And Spezza's on ice play (plus minus specifically) hasn't been at all what it needs to be.

If we can solve these 3 players' play, or replace them with anyone that can contribute and help this team win then things shouldn't be too hopeless. Changes need to be made though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad