Good news..

sensrmyheart*

At this time in 2006, we were 13-12-1 amounting to 27 points, only three points separating us and that 2006-2007 team. All I see it taking is one good trade and a hot streak, and I trust THE STACHE!

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
The difference is that in 2006-07 we had an amazing top line with a good supporting cast, along with a very solid set of D-men. This year we have one pretty good top line who is starting to struggle, a bunch of passengers, and an incredibly weak D-core outside of EK and SOMETIMES Methot/Corvo.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
At this time in 2006, we were 13-12-1 amounting to 27 points, only three points separating us and that 2006-2007 team. All I see it taking is one good trade and a hot streak, and I trust THE STACHE!

What happened in 2006?

Coach Murray decided that 3.7M$ newly signed Gerber was going to be on the bench and he let Emery take over the #1 role. It was in mid November and we won a game against a very good Buffalo team. It took a while to get back to 500 but then we went on a very hot streak.

MacLean needs to give the net to Lehner as he gives us the best chance to win.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
What happened in 2006?

Coach Murray decided that 3.7M$ newly signed Gerber was going to be on the bench and he let Emery take over the #1 role. It was in mid November and we won a game against a very good Buffalo team. It took a while to get back to 500 but then we went on a very hot streak.

MacLean needs to give the net to Lehner as he gives us the best chance to win.

Didn't Spezza get hurt at that time and we just rallied around missing him?

Kinda like last year...

Hmm... Seems like there's a theme pretty much any time recently that we've been hot. Spezza got hurt and everyone else stepped up their game...

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm still confident we turn it around this season and make the playoffs. We're going to have to turn it around before Christmas though.

simplefan

May 25, 2008
The difference is that in 2006-07 we had an amazing top line with a good supporting cast, along with a very solid set of D-men. This year we have one pretty good top line who is starting to struggle, a bunch of passengers, and an incredibly weak D-core outside of EK and SOMETIMES Methot/Corvo.

Maybe on paper, but I remember that in 2006-07, our defense was pretty porous. At least in the playoffs.

I see a lot of similarities between the two years.
On paper, this year's team is arguably as good as the other one.

And the game vs Detroit was a much better defensive effort. We were very good defensively yesterday, imo. What killed us was OUR EXECUTION. Man, we can't score.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
and the bad news is that at this time in 2006, the eastern conference was about 100 X better than it is now, making a comparison pointless.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Lol people pull out that stat every year we suck.

Only in the last 6 years!!

Obviously its not too late to turn it around, but its getting close to the point of no return. Plus, we do need to realize that the Sens are in a bit tougher situation with fighting more teams for a playoff spot.

Again, its definitely not too late to turn it around, especially with teams like the Leafs starting to play quite awful hockey consistently. But the Sens need a HUGE win streak soon for that to happen.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, and I hope if we continue to suck this year that we pull things together for the next year.... and maybe make some moves to create a better defense... Corvo is NOT the answer!!

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Didn't Spezza get hurt at that time and we just rallied around missing him?

Kinda like last year...

Hmm... Seems like there's a theme pretty much any time recently that we've been hot. Spezza got hurt and everyone else stepped up their game...

yep. The team lost, Spezza, then Fisher, then Vermette. Chris kelly was our #1 C for about a month.

Obviously, we should have traded Spezza back then and kept Kelly as our franchise centre...

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
yep. The team lost, Spezza, then Fisher, then Vermette. Chris kelly was our #1 C for about a month.

Obviously, we should have traded Spezza back then and kept Kelly as our franchise centre...

No. We need him on the IR;-)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Stranger things have happened! It's not likely at this point, but if the Sens can string together a nice run they can be in the wildcard mix at the end of year.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
When things looked their worst and some of the enters went down, Alfie called a dinner meeting of the veterans/ leaders. That was the start of the turn around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad