Good Guy Crosby

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Wow. I've been following Jonathan's story, he's such an inspirational guy, it's awesome to see the way the Sens have accommodated him. As a huge Crosby fan, this made me gain even more respect for him. Great story. Stay strong Jonathan!

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Can't stand Crosby but when I heard this story I was impressed. What a nice thing to do.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Look, I think most of us can all agree that Sid may not be the model sportsman on the ice.

But everything I have ever heard about Sid, indicates that off the ice, has a good heard, and a genuine good guy. And honestly, thats the most important thing.

Good on you Sid.

Exactly. Considering how popular he is, he's never done anything to hurt his reputation or the Pens' organization.... or be in TMZ news for wrong reasons. Good for Sid and Jonathan!

Analyzer*

I'm not sure if I can post it here, but if you go to YouTube and type in "Butterfly child, TSN" you should be able to fine the story they did on this guy.

He knows his hockey, but what he goes through must be absolute agony.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
One of those guys I can't stand on the ice, but he seems to genuinely be a good guy off of the ice. I respect him immensely for it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good for Sid.

Even as a Penguins fan I can still say this comes 2nd to the Caps player that helped the girl and her mom change a tire in the rain on the side of the road after the their playoff series loss.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Jonathan Pitre is the only member of the Senators that I like. :) Such a courageous kid. He's an inspiration.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
A lot of respect for Crosby. Despite the whining and cheap shots of his younger days, he's a good guy overall.
He's becoming a wiser man every year.

The thing people seem to ignore is that Crosby just does the same thing that 80% of the NHL does. Everyone sells calls, everyone complains to the refs, and everyone gets a little nasty on the ice. He doesn't really cross any lines the majority of the time, though, and I think his reputation is somewhat undeserved.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Honestly, it was such a touching thing for Crosby to do. It's changed my opinion of him a little bit...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Always great to hear stories like this. No matter who you root for or, if you don't like the player, you have to respect acts like this.

Sure Crosby has people who can't stand him as a player but no one can say he doesn't do a lot for people off the ice. Class act.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad