Pre-Game Talk: Good afternoon St-Louis

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Heads up, Saturday's game is at 3 PM EDT (15 heures).

Blues will be looking for revenge of course, better be ready.

Teams' styles change throughout the year. It's noce that we play them so close after dominatimg them.

Would be great to get 4 points from the defending champs.

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What's with the weird start time?

Great Grilled Cheese Off 2019

:sarcasm:

Honestly, no idea. Basketball only starts Tuesday, football is still early in the season and no way NHL schedulers could know ahead of time how the MLB playoffs would look.

They are an hour behind Montreal, so the game time is 2pm for them. I get relegating small market clubs to the afternoon for TV reasons, but the Blues are the defending cup champs playing at home.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We can pull 4 pts this weekend if we play this right. Blues back home after their whirlwind tour of the HHF and The Whitehouse. Should play like "fat cats" take em down early. And Minnesota seriously we could send Laval right now and beat them the way they played last night.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Good afternoon St. Louis and Goodnight Blues

tenor.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don;'t know where this belongs but read on hockey writers that Habs are scouting Vlasic. He is d'chez nous, has zero points and -8, and in a second year of the ridiculous contract. Sounds like a great fit. Like a diamond in a rough.

"
Canadiens Scouting Vlasic?

According to Canada’s TVA Sports, the Canadiens are looking to add a left-shot defenseman and are specifically looking at San Jose Sharks blueliner Marc-Edouard Vlasic, a Montreal native. The article cites Sharks reporter Kevin Kurz who mentions that the Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks early this season.
Interesting that Elliotte mentions that Montreal is keeping an eye on left-shot defenders. Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks pretty heavily through the first part of the season, and Sharks do have a left-shot defenseman who’s from Montreal Elliotte Friedman on Twitter
— Kevin Kurz (@KKurzNHL) October 16, 2019
Vlasic hasn’t had the best start to 2019-20 with zero points and is a minus-eight through seven games. The once-premium defensive defenseman has struggled since the start of 2018-19 when he finished with 25 points and was a minus-six. He’s only in the second year of an eight-year, $56-million extension he signed in July 2017 is already 32 and will be 39 when his contract expires. His $7-million cap hit is costly for a player whose best days may already be behind him. Then there’s the presence of his full no-move clause that runs through 2022-23, meaning he can veto any trade.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don;'t know where this belongs but read on hockey writers that Habs are scouting Vlasic. He is d'chez nous, has zero points and -8, and in a second year of the ridiculous contract. Sounds like a great fit. Like a diamond in a rough.

"

According to Canada’s TVA Sports, the Canadiens are looking to add a left-shot defenseman and are specifically looking at San Jose Sharks blueliner Marc-Edouard Vlasic, a Montreal native. The article cites Sharks reporter Kevin Kurz who mentions that the Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks early this season.
Interesting that Elliotte mentions that Montreal is keeping an eye on left-shot defenders. Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks pretty heavily through the first part of the season, and Sharks do have a left-shot defenseman who’s from Montreal Elliotte Friedman on Twitter
Vlasic hasn’t had the best start to 2019-20 with zero points and is a minus-eight through seven games. The once-premium defensive defenseman has struggled since the start of 2018-19 when he finished with 25 points and was a minus-six. He’s only in the second year of an eight-year, $56-million extension he signed in July 2017 is already 32 and will be 39 when his contract expires. His $7-million cap hit is costly for a player whose best days may already be behind him. Then there’s the presence of his full no-move clause that runs through 2022-23, meaning he can veto any trade.
Good lord... really? Do the Habs have a quota of bad contracts they have to meet?

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Great Grilled Cheese Off 2019

:sarcasm:

Honestly, no idea. Basketball only starts Tuesday, football is still early in the season and no way NHL schedulers could know ahead of time how the MLB playoffs would look.

They are an hour behind Montreal, so the game time is 2pm for them. I get relegating small market clubs to the afternoon for TV reasons, but the Blues are the defending cup champs playing at home.

It seems more american teams do this afternoon thing,trying to mimic football etc?not a fan. imao.

Do teams have any say on scheduling? Some times the scheduling is so crappy. Habs play on Sunday as well at a f-upd time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

"

Hell no to Vlasic. Not even if they're taking back Alzner.

I was in favor of taking a risk in Subban, because he only has 3 years left on his deal. But 6 more is a non-starter.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Hell no to Vlasic. Not even if they're taking back Alzner.

I was in favor of taking a risk in Subban, because he only has 3 years left on his deal. But 6 more is a non-starter.

6 years at 7M per... that sounds like an MB type contract.

Reactions: cphabs

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Cousins deserve to play again. Fleury , too.

Weal retrouve son poste
Laissé de côté jeudi soir contre le Wild au profit de Nick Cousins, l’attaquant Jordan Weal était de retour sur le jeu de puissance lors de l’entraînement.

I don't know who sits but sounds like Weal will be back. I say KK sits.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

"

Pretty sure Vlasic said he doesn't want to play for MTL. It's reported somewhere in the response to Kurz's tweet.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Weal retrouve son poste
Laissé de côté jeudi soir contre le Wild au profit de Nick Cousins, l’attaquant Jordan Weal était de retour sur le jeu de puissance lors de l’entraînement.

I don't know who sits but sounds like Weal will be back. I say KK sits.
I hope you're wrong but it wouldn't surprise me to see Suzuki pivot a line.

Reactions: Runner77

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don't like a steady diet of afternoon games but the odd one is fine.

Living in BC for years I got used to the 4 pm starts. The crappy part was rarely having an evening game that had any interest whatsoever.

It was great during first round of the playoffs because I could catch so many games as long as I didn't take 4 pm meetings at the office.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad