GongShow's Free Agent Game!

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
:rangers

Markus Naslund has retired. The New York Rangers want to thank him for a good year last season. "I just didn't have enough gas in the tank." Naslund said, "It was a crucial decision, but it is one that has to be made." Naslund's $4 million cap hit will not go against the New York Rangers cap hit as, Markus was 34 when he signed his contract.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers and Islanders have reached a deal:

To Philadelphia: Trent Hunter, Radek Martinek

To NY Islanders: Randy Jones, 3rd '10

Randy was a solid puck moving defenseman, who we didn't want to let go. His good first pass and PP QB abilities will be missed, but the Flyers really like Trent Hunter. He brings more size to our forward corps, and is good at working in the corners and in front of the net. Waiting for NYI to confirm.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Flyers and Islanders have reached a deal:

To Philadelphia: Trent Hunter, Radek Martinek

To NY Islanders: Randy Jones, 3rd '10

Randy was a solid puck moving defenseman, who we didn't want to let go. His good first pass and PP QB abilities will be missed, but the Flyers really like Trent Hunter. He brings more size to our forward corps, and is good at working in the corners and in front of the net. Waiting for NYI to confirm.

Confirmed.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia and Carolina have reached a deal.

To :canes - RW Joffrey Lupul

To :flyers - Negotiating rights to LW Tuomo Ruutu

Tuomo is a Philadelphia kind of player, who has a good scoring touch as well as a physical side to him. He loves to get in on the forecheck and mix things up, and that's exactly what the Flyers need more of. Joffrey disappointed this season, as he seemed to be less physical and energetic. We wish him luck in Carolina.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Islanders Press Release

:isles

GM slapshot723 of the New York Islanders would like to announce and analyze all the deals that have taken place in the last few days.

Montreal Trade
:isles Ryan O'Byrne
:habs Brendan Witt

The Islanders are very happy to add a young, big, physical d-man in Ryan O'Byrne to the Islanders. He's the type of player the Islanders could use for the next few years. Brendan Witt will truly be missed by the Islanders, we wish him all the luck in Montreal.

Florida Trade
:isles Steve Eminger, FLA 2nd 10
:panthers Jeff Tambellini, Rob Hennigar, 26th overall (SJS)

Jeff didn't belong here. As much as he tried in the NHL, it just could not translate into success. We wish him the best in Florida, where he will fit very well with Nathan Horton and David Booth.

We also knew we could use San Jose's 1st round pick for a good young defenseman, which our team truly lacks. We're happy to add Steve Eminger to the Islanders.

Philadelphia Trade
:isles Randy Jones, 3rd '10
:flyers Trent Hunter, Radek Martinek

Trent Hunter and Radek Martinek were great Islanders, and they will be missed by the organization and especially the fans. Randy Jones is another big, puck moving defenseman, and a great replacement since Campoli was traded to Ottawa. We're happy to have made this trade.

Draft

We are thrilled to have added John Tavares to the New York Islanders. Mark Streit said it himself that he felt we needed a sniper to the team, and we believe we just got one in Tavares. Tavares will play wing in his first professional year with Doug Weight as his centre.

We're also very happy to add 3 defenseman who were all at one point projected to go in the 1st round. Stefan Elliot, Tim Erixon, and Tommi Kivisto are great additions to our d-corps and we're happy to have drafted these talented hockey players.

The Islanders are still looking to trade Andy Sutton and Freddy Meyer. PM if there is any interest.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Philadelphia and Carolina have reached a deal.

To :canes - RW Joffrey Lupul

To :flyers - Negotiating rights to LW Tuomo Ruutu

Tuomo is a Philadelphia kind of player, who has a good scoring touch as well as a physical side to him. He loves to get in on the forecheck and mix things up, and that's exactly what the Flyers need more of. Joffrey disappointed this season, as he seemed to be less physical and energetic. We wish him luck in Carolina.

Confirmed.

Lupul can bring our 2nd line to new heights.

Lupul is an excellent puckhandler. We love his style of play, and we love his contract.

Ruutu will be missed. Good luck in Philadelphia

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:isles

GM slapshot723 of the New York Islanders would like to announce and analyze all the deals that have taken place in the last few days.

Montreal Trade
:isles Ryan O'Byrne
:habs Brendan Witt

The Islanders are very happy to add a young, big, physical d-man in Ryan O'Byrne to the Islanders. He's the type of player the Islanders could use for the next few years. Brendan Witt will truly be missed by the Islanders, we wish him all the luck in Montreal.

Florida Trade
:isles Steve Eminger, FLA 2nd 10
:panthers Jeff Tambellini, Rob Hennigar, 26th overall (SJS)

Jeff didn't belong here. As much as he tried in the NHL, it just could not translate into success. We wish him the best in Florida, where he will fit very well with Nathan Horton and David Booth.

We also knew we could use San Jose's 1st round pick for a good young defenseman, which our team truly lacks. We're happy to add Steve Eminger to the Islanders.

Philadelphia Trade
:isles Randy Jones, 3rd '10
:flyers Trent Hunter, Radek Martinek

Trent Hunter and Radek Martinek were great Islanders, and they will be missed by the organization and especially the fans. Randy Jones is another big, puck moving defenseman, and a great replacement since Campoli was traded to Ottawa. We're happy to have made this trade.

Draft

We are thrilled to have added John Tavares to the New York Islanders. Mark Streit said it himself that he felt we needed a sniper to the team, and we believe we just got one in Tavares. Tavares will play wing in his first professional year with Doug Weight as his centre.

We're also very happy to add 3 defenseman who were all at one point projected to go in the 1st round. Stefan Elliot, Tim Erixon, and Tommi Kivisto are great additions to our d-corps and we're happy to have drafted these talented hockey players.

The Islanders are still looking to trade Andy Sutton and Freddy Meyer. PM if there is any interest.

Don't take this a bad way, but you lost big time on all 3 of the trades. O'Byrne sucks. Eminger sucks. Jones sucks.

Here's my analysis on the trades:

Witt>>O'Byrne

26th overall>>>>Eminger
Tambellini, Hennigar=2nd 10

Hunter>>>>>>>>>Jones
Martinek>>>>3rd 10

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Don't take this a bad way, but you lost big time on all 3 of the trades. O'Byrne sucks. Eminger sucks. Jones sucks.

Here's my analysis on the trades:

Witt>>O'Byrne

26th overall>>>>Eminger
Tambellini, Hennigar=2nd 10

Hunter>>>>>>>>>Jones
Martinek>>>>3rd 10

Hey it's just a game. I think Witt had to be traded, and so did Tambellini.I figured I could make the defense younger and more offensive. It's a much bigger d-corps too.Losing Hunter sucks and so does losing the 1st round pick, I'm aware of that.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
He gets a couple of hours head start on everybody else. I wouldn't say that is worthless.

O RLY?

I would also like to say that while I did make the deadline for 3:00 PM tomorrow, also realize that for MAJORITY of that time I will not be available. Thus, you would be best off getting any negotiations and/or offers in tonight.

At this point trading for rights is almost irrelevant as well.

Arian

Jun 30, 2008
Toronto
Negotiation with Gaborik's agent didn't go very well and his rights are now on the block. He's looking for a more competitive team than Phoenix and believes he will get more money.

Last edited:

hlundqvist30*

And I am back...

Negotiation rights at this time are worthless in terms of trade value. If you traded for the rights to a player (example Gaborik) you will NOT be signing him before he becomes open to everyone. However, that doesn't mean he won't be interested in signing with you. Also, just because you traded for the rights doesn't mean I am required to have the player sign with you. My job is to do what is in the best interest of the players, not you.

We still have 57 minutes until my deadline, so any negotiations you want a last check at do them now. If I need to give specially granted extra time for negotiations I will do so if the situation is appropriate. There's the gap from 3:00-5:00 for a reason.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
519106.jpg

Philadelphia has reached a deal with recently acquired LW Tuomo Ruutu. It is a 5 year, 19 million dollar deal with a limited NTC. Tuomo will not be allowed to be traded to any team that didn't make the playoffs the previous season. We are happy to bring Tuomo into the Flyers organization, and he should add to the continuing physical movement of the Flyers. He will be surrounded with talented players, and should succeed in the new aggressive forechecking system the Flyers will have.​

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
:devils
The Devils will listen to offers for Brian Gionta. We would like to make a lateral move for a top-six center. Gionta is signed for 4 more years at $4 million per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad