Confirmed with Link: Gomez fined for elbow on Emelin, no suspension.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Meh, there is no way a serious injury would have resulted from that elbow.

Was it cheap? Yes
Was it intent to injure? No. He just wanted to send a message to Emelin for the dirty hit in the corner.

If any of you seriously thought what Emelin did to Gomez was okay you should revisit your stance on player safety.

As I said earlier, do you know Emelin's injury history? Apparently not. And Emelin's hit wasn't dirty, it was shoulder to shoulder. Gomez slid into the boards back first, so he couldn't have been hit from behind and he wasn't hit in the head. Did you pay attention to any of it or are you just making stuff up to justify your position? :shakehead

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
the NHL punishes on the injury , not intent.. and it's just another thing that makes it a second rate league.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Seems excessive to me. It was a textbook "major penalty and nothing else", I would have thought. Doesn't really matter, though.

Guys on here are Habs extremists

They have no sense of being impartial. They wear their colors proudly but with absolute bias

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Emelin has a plate in his face. Wouldn't you jerk your head back if you caught an elbow in the mug.

I have to laugh a the commentators who can "clearly" tell if a play was embellished or not.

He is wearing a Montréal jersey so it was definitely embellishment :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad