Speculation: Goligoski’s 8-team No Trade List revealed

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Per Coyotes reporter Craig Morgan, Alex Goligoski has listed the below 8 teams to which he won’t accept a trade:

Buffalo
Calgary
Detroit
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg

He is a solid top-4 veteran D who can play both sides, PP, PK, and eat up low 20 minutes. He is also signed to a fair price and a contract that expires next summer.

Coyotes likely looking for picks or young assets.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Per Coyotes reporter Craig Morgan, Alex Goligoski has listed the below 8 teams to which he won’t accept a trade:

Buffalo
Calgary
Detroit
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg

He is a solid top-4 veteran D who can play both sides, PP, PK, and eat up low 20 minutes. He is also signed to a fair price and a contract that expires next summer.

It’s weird LA is on his list, but Anaheim is not? Roughly same geographical area and the same place in team building; must be a management or coach thing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Buffalo
Calgary
Detroit
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg

Doesn’t he make 5.5M?

Fine player and all but in a flat cap world I don’t think too many will believe this is a “fair” aav. His actual cash this year is less though so that helps.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I actually think that's probably a good guess for what a lot of 8 team NTCs look like.

Buffalo (weather and general dreariness), Montreal (language barrier), Edmonton (weather), Calgary (weather) and Winnipeg (weather) all seem like fairly standard NTC teams, and the other 3 teams are terrible.

Prob more just an American who doesn’t want to go to Canada.

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012

Buffalo
Calgary
Detroit
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Montreal
Ottawa
Winnipeg

I know it’s in alphabetical order but I bet buffalo is #1 on his (and everyone else’s) list anyway

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I would expect no toronto if he didn't want Canadians.

Seems like he wants to be in a nice not-super cold city and have a chance to compete. Tor/Van might compete for cup, while LA is rebuilding.

Leafs don’t seem to have space on their left side and are tight with the cap. Vancouver is also tight cap wise but I guess he’s expiring.

Who knows, but just looking at the list seems like the guy doesn’t wanna go up north.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I actually think that's probably a good guess for what a lot of 8 team NTCs look like.

Buffalo (weather and general dreariness), Montreal (language barrier), Edmonton (weather), Calgary (weather) and Winnipeg (weather) all seem like fairly standard NTC teams, and the other 3 teams are terrible.

Language barrier for MTL? 99.99% of people living there speak english.... I think it's more about media pressure wich is really bad !!!!

Reactions: Morrison

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Doesn’t he make 5.5M?

Fine player and all but in a flat cap world I don’t think too many will believe this is a “fair” aav. His actual cash this year is less though so that helps.
Doubt you can sign many free agents who eat 20+ minutes, continually put up 40 from the back end (even in AZ), and are at or near the team lead in blocks for less than 5M AAV. Only owed $4M, and he expires at the right time for expansion draft and isn't a long -term commitment. I think NHL GM's will be more interested than fans on the msg boards.
Deal might have to be creative. Maybe a similar expiring contract and pick/prospect. Maybe a hockey trade for a forward. Maybe you hold on to him until the deadline and his cap is prorated and it's cheaper to retain on him to maximize value. But there will be interest.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I live in Montreal and cant speak a lick of french. Been here 14 years now and married a local. Bought a house and have a kid in a french daycare.

No issues here in NDG.

My NTL would include Detroit, Florida, Arizona, and St.L. [MOD]

For hockey reasons I wouldnt want Ottawa, MN, Buf, MTL and Cali.

Calgary and Edm are fine as cities and for hockey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad