OT: Golf Thread Part 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I had a putter fitting over the weekend - I was blown away by how technical you can get to truly evaluate the stroke quality, roll quality, etc. It used Quintic software and I went through about 10-12 putters with various loft adjustments before finding the right match.

Ended up pulling the trigger on an Odyssey White Hot OG Double Wide. Should be here in a month. Can’t wait!
see..you are doing it all wrong...you just need

tumblr_owqpp1USpx1qmob6ro1_400.gifv

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I had a putter fitting over the weekend - I was blown away by how technical you can get to truly evaluate the stroke quality, roll quality, etc. It used Quintic software and I went through about 10-12 putters with various loft adjustments before finding the right match.

Ended up pulling the trigger on an Odyssey White Hot OG Double Wide. Should be here in a month. Can’t wait!
Where did you go?

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Where did you go?
Modern Golf in Mississauga/Toronto

I had been there several years ago when I was fitted for my Ping S55s. Just a really well run facility with no pressure or upselling. I had my eyes on the Evnroll ER2V and wasn’t pushed towards the higher priced items. It was all about performance and the best fit. So I ended up spending about $150 under what I had budgeted for.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Modern Golf in Mississauga/Toronto

I had been there several years ago when I was fitted for my Ping S55s. Just a really well run facility with no pressure or upselling. I had my eyes on the Evnroll ER2V and wasn’t pushed towards the higher priced items. It was all about performance and the best fit. So I ended up spending about $150 under what I had budgeted for.
Awesome! I want to get fit for a putter as well. I worry about options for lefties tho

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
RIP @Cody Webster . Hopefully you made the most of this morning.

Luckily we got in at 8:30, so we got about 3 good hours in. Disappointed though...waited 2+ years for this and only got a few hours inside. Luckily we grabbed merch around 11, because once they closed the grounds, they also closed the merch store. If I went there, only got a few hours in, and got no merch, I would have been very upset. Buddy got some good pics though.

IMG_20220405_180246.jpg
IMG_20220405_180222.jpg
IMG_20220405_180209.jpg
IMG_20220405_180202.jpg

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Luckily we got in at 8:30, so we got about 3 good hours in. Disappointed though...waited 2+ years for this and only got a few hours inside. Luckily we grabbed merch around 11, because once they closed the grounds, they also closed the merch store. If I went there, only got a few hours in, and got no merch, I would have been very upset. Buddy got some good pics though.

View attachment 527067View attachment 527068View attachment 527069View attachment 527070
That shot of Bubba is great!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

View attachment 527067View attachment 527068View attachment 527069View attachment 527070
Noice I'm still hugely jealous. Here are a few questions I hope you would answer at your leisure:

- What was your biggest shock about the course in person compared to on TV?
- Did you eat one of each type of sandwich? Which was the best?
- What merch did you score?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Noice I'm still hugely jealous. Here are a few questions I hope you would answer at your leisure:

- What was your biggest shock about the course in person compared to on TV?
- Did you eat one of each type of sandwich? Which was the best?
- What merch did you score?
Biggest shock: the undulation of the greens. You can't tell from TV, but in person, the hills and breaks in the greens are just nuts.

Sandwiches: unfortunately, I only had the breakfast sandwich since we got kicked out at 11. The breakfast sandwich was kind of underwhelming. I really wanted to get a pimento cheese sandwich, and was going to on our way out, but they wouldn't let you get anything else.

Merch: I got myself a hat, two short sleeves shirts and a long sleeve.

It's been 2+ years in the making and since the Masters is so awesome, looks like it'll be a 3+ year story. They are letting us Tuesday practice round goers the opportunity to buy the same tickets for next year.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Biggest shock: the undulation of the greens. You can't tell from TV, but in person, the hills and breaks in the greens are just nuts.

Sandwiches: unfortunately, I only had the breakfast sandwich since we got kicked out at 11. The breakfast sandwich was kind of underwhelming. I really wanted to get a pimento cheese sandwich, and was going to on our way out, but they wouldn't let you get anything else.

Merch: I got myself a hat, two short sleeves shirts and a long sleeve.

It's been 2+ years in the making and since the Masters is so awesome, looks like it'll be a 3+ year story. They are letting us Tuesday practice round goers the opportunity to buy the same tickets for next year.

Nice little touch to give you a chance to go back. You pretty much can't afford not to do it.

I have a buddy who went a few years ago and brought a couple pimento cheese sandwiches home with him on the plane to eat later. :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Nice little touch to give you a chance to go back. You pretty much can't afford not to do it.

I have a buddy who went a few years ago and brought a couple pimento cheese sandwiches home with him on the plane to eat later. :laugh:
I was not expecting to get an invite for next year at all. I was a bit disappointed that we only got 3 hours, but was grateful to have gotten the opportunity to go. Now that I heard we'll be able to go back next year, I feel a lot better. The at that point in time wife will not be pleased 😂

I was going to grab a pimento cheese sandwich when I got my breakfast sandwich and beer, but since it was only 9am, I figured I'd get one later, that never happened.

The one tshirt I got has the pimento cheese sandwich on the back of it.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I'm taking Friday off to watch. I have too much work on Thursday to do. I may go golfing on Friday and watch on my phone in the cart...we'll see.

What about the people that weren’t involved in the draft?

I’m a nobody here but probably best to just come back to this thread and close the draft thread.
I don't care which thread it's in, just don't want to have to go back and forth.

Last edited:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I was not expecting to get an invite for next year at all. I was a bit disappointed that we only got 3 hours, but was grateful to have gotten the opportunity to go. Now that I heard we'll be able to go back next year, I feel a lot better. The at that point in time wife will not be pleased 😂

I was going to grab a pimento cheese sandwich when I got my breakfast sandwich and beer, but since it was only 9am, I figured I'd get one later, that never happened.

The one tshirt I got has the pimento cheese sandwich on the back of it.
Sounds like an awesome albeit short-lived experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad