OT: Golf Thread Part 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I will catch the last few holes once the kids go to bed….

snow is already melting, gonna try to get out this week again. Trying to get 9 holes in each week. Really trying to get into single digit handicap by end of this year.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
@Young Sandwich @VladDrag

What are your thoughts on these? The face on one of the wedges looks like it's scuffed but the zoomed in picture doesn't look that bad.

It honestly looks like pretty normal wear to me. Those black wedges lose their color like that pretty fast from what I understand. As long as the grooves still look legit there shouldn't be any issues with the playability.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
It honestly looks like pretty normal wear to me. Those black wedges lose their color like that pretty fast from what I understand. As long as the grooves still look legit there shouldn't be any issues with the playability.
Think I might pull the trigger on them. It seems like a pretty solid deal. Wanted to get someone else's opinion about those marks. Thanks!

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@Cody Webster honestly, I heard the milled grind wedges were not very good in terms of spin. The milled grind 2 and 3’s are supposed to be killer. I hit the 3 at golf galaxy before - they feel good for a cast wedge. But I never played the milled grind before so I don’t know - just what I heard about them. Young is right, the black gets worn out fairly quickly.

That being said they look like good condition for the age and the price is awesome!

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@Cody Webster honestly, I heard the milled grind wedges were not very good in terms of spin. The milled grind 2 and 3’s are supposed to be killer. I hit the 3 at golf galaxy before - they feel good for a cast wedge. But I never played the milled grind before so I don’t know - just what I heard about them. Young is right, the black gets worn out fairly quickly.

That being said they look like good condition for the age and the price is awesome!
Hmmm, well now maybe I won't be pulling the trigger. I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the info

Reactions: VladDrag

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Spring Hollow. It’s any easier course, but thanks!
Haven't played there in ages! Hey, any time you break 80, it's a good day.

I signed up for the Workhorse tour this year since I didn't go with my membership this year. That should be pretty fun

Reactions: VladDrag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad