Golf: Golf legend Arnold Palmer has passed away

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
RIP Arnold Palmer.

He was the original king.

So sad. He was definitely a legendary golfer, but from all accounts, a legendary person.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
PGA Legend - Arnold Palmer, 87

Golf's first superstar of the television era has passed. Sad day for the golf world. As good as a golfer as he was, Palmer was an even better human being.

RIP

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Echoing my thoughts from the general sports and golf thread;

This is absolutely terrible. I'm saddened beyond belief.

Feel kicked in the gut learning about The King's death. Arnold Palmer has always been one of my heroes, period. Exceptional human being. He lived a long life, but losing him just doesn't seem fair.

What a horrendous year 2016 has been... the names that have departed.

Rest well, King.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Wow... Big loss this is, though he lived a good and long life. Takes me back to the days when I actually followed golf as a fan, with Palmer and Nicklaus.

Same goes for Ali and the years I used to follow boxing, especially between him and Foreman.

The legends are dying off in all areas of entertainment.

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
2016 strikes again. All time greats in seemingly every sport and entertainment media have been lost this year.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
I hate to be a downer but 2016 type years are going to become the norm with the ages all of these different legends are getting to. Very sad day nonetheless.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I was not a real big golf fan, but I will appreciate Arnold's contributions to the game.

RIP Arnold. I will try to find a Splenda-infused Arnold Palmer recipe in tribute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad