Rumor: Golden Knights pursuing Evgeni Dadonov

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
russians are screwy with their spellings.

or maybe americans screw it up. hmmmm

Oh believe me, I know.

I've got a lot of Russian/Ukrainian friends, they have different names based on who they're talking to. Don't even get me started on adding -ka at the end of names to "soften" it. :laugh:

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
russians are screwy with their spellings.

or maybe americans screw it up. hmmmm

Russian names end up shortened or given nicknames by the fan base anyway lol. Westerners can't be bothered with accurate pronunciation.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Oh believe me, I know.

I've got a lot of Russian/Ukrainian friends, they have different names based on who they're talking to. Don't even get me started on adding -ka at the end of names to "soften" it. :laugh:

language is weird :laugh:

Russian names end up shortened or given nicknames by the fan base anyway lol. Westerners can't be bothered with accurate pronunciation.

nope. we are a lazy bunch over here lol

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Somehow you guys land Ovechkin in the post-season and become a cup contender. I see it now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would think guys like Kovalchuk, Radulov, and Nichushkin could all be had by Vegas at this point. It's too bad Datsyuk probably doesn't want to come back to the NHL. lol

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Oh believe me, I know.

you may know him as Evgeni dadonov but i think we should just call him Daddy-nov

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Fedorov, Kozlov, Varlamov...

That team was fun to watch

yeahhh i knew i forgot some :laugh:

it's amusing how some gm's just have a certain type. rutherford won a cup in 06 with a forward heavy, speed/skill lineup.

did the same last year with the pens.

mcphee seems to love his skillful russians. vegas is going to be pretty fun to watch!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Is he still FLA property?

No, he's a UFA but he's played in the NHL before, so he has to follow the regular UFA rules. Usually player contracts have to include the current season, with 3 exceptions that are allowed to sign earlier:

A) Contract extension
B) Unsigned Draft Pick
C) Draft-Related UFA

Shipachyov falls under (C) because he's never played in the NHL before, so he can sign a contract now that starts next season. Dadonov who was signed to an NHL contract in 2009 by Florida and played in the AHL/NHL until 2011-12 does not fit into any of the exceptions.

It's the same reason Kovalchuk can't sign until July 1st--he doesn't fit into an exception either. Likewise Radulov had to wait until July 1st to sign with Montreal last summer.

The League Year runs July 1st through June 30th.

edit: Here's the relevant CBA section for those interested:
CBA 50.8(d) Prohibited SPC Terms and Practices. No Club or Player may enter into an SPC that does not cover at least the then current League Year. The foregoing does not apply to an SPC entered into pursuant to Section 50.5(f) above, or to Unsigned Draft Choices or Draft Related Unrestricted Free Agents, who shall be permitted to sign an SPC during the period from March 1 through June 1 immediately preceding the League Year in which such SPC is to take effect.

Section 50.5(f) covers Contract Extensions. The language defining Draft-Related UFA's can be found in CBA 8.4 and 10.1(d).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad