Rumor: Golden Knights pursuing Evgeni Dadonov

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
you can have a handshake agreement though

Absolutely. It's just not legally binding and either party can change their mind before July 1st with no recourse. It also wouldn't block other teams from contacting Dadonov and trying to change his mind like an actual signed contract would.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I would think guys like Kovalchuk, Radulov, and Nichushkin could all be had by Vegas at this point. It's too bad Datsyuk probably doesn't want to come back to the NHL. lol

They can draft Nichkushkin as I doubt Dallas protects him . He may have a Year on khl deal though

Mischief Managed

Feb 10, 2012
Ottawa
they can draft nichkushkin as i doubt dallas protects him . He may have a year on khl deal though

Speculation is that they might look to trade Cody Eakin, leaving Antoine Roussel protected, and exposing either Oleksiak or Johns, McKenzie, etc. in the expansion draft.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

Speculation is that they might look to trade Cody Eakin, leaving Antoine Roussel protected, and exposing either Oleksiak or Johns, McKenzie, etc. in the expansion draft.

That sucks. I would've liked Eakin as the 3C on this team. A good two way player that has produced very well as the 3rd cog behind Seguin and Spezza. I think he could excel with more ice time and be a decent 2nd liner.

Roussell would've been good too. A big pest / energy player who has some offense in him. With the likelihood of a lot of bottom six wingers, he could complete a good energy line.

Oleksiak and / or Johns are decent consolation prizes though. I'm in no way saying Oleksiak is the next Chara, but guys that big generally take a long time to develop their coordination not to mention as a defenseman in general.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No guarantee they can find a trade worth doing for Eakin.

The dynamic would be different with Vegas selecting Eakin than a team trading for him because Vegas with no contracts committed can afford to take a few cap risks. There's no guarantee someone is going to want to give Dallas a decent asset for a near 4M player who is coming off a knee injury and the worst season of his career. If they aren't getting anything worth while for him, they might as well expose him and in return be able to possibly keep someone else with Vegas selecting Eakin instead.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
No guarantee they can find a trade worth doing for Eakin.

The dynamic would be different with Vegas selecting Eakin than a team trading for him because Vegas with no contracts committed can afford to take a few cap risks. There's no guarantee someone is going to want to give Dallas a decent asset for a near 4M player who is coming off a knee injury and the worst season of his career. If they aren't getting anything worth while for him, they might as well expose him and in return be able to possibly keep someone else with Vegas selecting Eakin instead.

Agreed. And beyond that, if you look at different team boards they all seem to think they can trade their good player/s they are set to lose to "some other team" and beat the system. Problem is every team has players like that they are going to lose, so finding a solution via trade will require the team you trade with to be able to protect that asset they're trading for. Which is not going to be easy with a lot of the players who are on the bubble for the expac draft.

Once all the chips are on the table that's going to be evident I think.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
excellent news!

KHL! KHL! KHL! Seriously though I'm very curious to see how these guys do, it's been a bit hit or miss in the past. Panarin obviously is great, but there was also the winger that went to Pittsburgh and got traded to the coyotes. I don't even remember his name but he wasn't good haha.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
That's too bad. Dude had potential with nicknames lol.

Then again, Spencer Foo might find his way to Vegas, and we can do a lot with that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad