Golden Knights name Mark Stone captain

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Expected good choice
I guess the main other contender could have been Pietrangelo but he just arrived.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Didn't realize they'd gone three years without a captain.
Stone may as well have been. Marchessault kind of acted like the de facto captain before and even after Stone arrived but he's always been...well let's just say a bit of an immature hothead. Lots of VGK fans wanted him as a captain but I never liked the idea.

Stone being the captain was never in doubt. He's already more or less been the team's leader since he arrived.

Reactions: sufferer

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Stone may as well have been. Marchessault kind of acted like the de facto captain before and even after Stone arrived but he's always been...well let's just say a bit of an immature hothead. Lots of VGK fans wanted him as a captain but I never liked the idea.

Stone being the captain was never in doubt. He's already more or less been the team's leader since he arrived.
I have no idea how I got it in my head but I could have sworn Dave Engelland had it, lol.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I have no idea how I got it in my head but I could have sworn Dave Engelland had it, lol.
Probably because he was the guy to deliver the team's speech at the inaugural game to address the Mandalay Bay shooting. Engelland's speech and history having played for Vegas' ECHL team and had a home here was pretty instrumental in building the bond between the people of the city and the VGK. If Vegas had won the cup in their first year, he (or Fleury) likely would have been the guy to lift it first.

But beyond that he wasn't really much of a team leader. At least it didn't seem so. He wore the "A" for a while though.

Reactions: Beville

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Probably because he was the guy to deliver the team's speech at the inaugural game to address the Mandalay Bay shooting. Engelland's speech and history having played for Vegas' ECHL team and had a home here was pretty instrumental in building the bond between the people of the city and the VGK. If Vegas had won the cup in their first year, he (or Fleury) likely would have been the guy to lift it first.

But beyond that he wasn't really much of a team leader. At least it didn't seem so. He wore the "A" for a while though.

This underrates what he meant to the team. Engelland absolutely was like a de facto captain the first few years, that's why they waited for him to retire to actually hand out the C rather than doing it last year.

Reactions: Khelandros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad