Golden Knights GM McCrimmon tests positive for COVID 19

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I mean, if you're vaccinated testing positive doesn't really matter, no? It's just that it can still be dangerous to non-vaccinated people?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, if you're vaccinated testing positive doesn't really matter, no? It's just that it can still be dangerous to non-vaccinated people?
Seems like it. Ducharme has no symptoms, entire team and coaching staff has tested negative since.

unfortunately, league protocol is still 14 days it seems when they should probably amend it to a certain amount of negative tests in a row imo

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Not shocked by this. He and McPhee were not wearing masks.

Logically you are right. But the rule is the rule. McCrimon being a GM is not in direct contact with the players if he doesn't want to be so its impact can easily be reduced.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
But I was told wearing a mask doesn’t protect the wearer. Which is it?

Wearing a mask doesn't give a perfect protection. But it still decreases your chances of getting a virus in your respiratory system. It's just not the f***ing silver bullet some people put it as a ridiculous standard.

Because here's how people like you sound:

"if masks protect me why can't we still have stores and business closed?"
"if masks don't protect us, why do we wear them?"

Basically, it's a series of disingenuous questions posited to negate the concept of nuance, where pandemic mitigation is all about nuances.

metalan2

May 30, 2008

Logically you are right. But the rule is the rule. McCrimon being a GM is not in direct contact with the players if he doesn't want to be so its impact can easily be reduced.

It's hard to believe people think if he was wearing a mask he wouldn't have tested positive. Unfathomable really.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
But I was told wearing a mask doesn’t protect the wearer. Which is it?

It’s limited protection, but they wear the coffee filter one which is the better one in this case.

However, the point of the mask is to protect those around you as you may not know you’re sick. Word is he was in the dressing room with the players maskless.

Ducharme, as well as many, always pull their damn mask down to shout, so he’s not any better.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and Seb

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Yeah I thought so. Wasn't about to go on an anti-vax rant, just confirming what I assumed :laugh:

Reactions: Kimota

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
A vaccine reduces the chance to catch Covid.

The vaccine reduces the chance that if you do catch Covid, it's severe

The vaccine reduces the infectiousness of covid

It is not a magical Star Trek miracle cure that instantly make the virus disappear by the end of the 3rd act.

People have these weird expectations of how a pandemic can be dealt with. Most pandemic we have suffered in the history of the world have lasted years, if not decades. It ebbed and flowed, because that's how sickness behaves in a human population. Trade stopped, people starved.

Humanity has seriously achieved an incredible feat by dealing with this pandemic within 2 years.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
And how's that possible? Shouldn't his age group have received vaccinations ages ago? Even my parents have and Finland's well behind USA in their vaccination program.

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
And how's that possible? Shouldn't his age group have received vaccinations ages ago? Even my parents have and Finland's well behind USA in their vaccination program.

Having the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid it's that you won't be affected greatly by it.

Getting the vaccine do reduce the chance to get the virus.

It does not *eliminate* it.

If you play DnD, you know you will roll a 1 eventually. It will happen. Social distancing means you get to roll less, so you have less chance to roll that 1

Reactions: SniperHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad