GDT: Gold Medal Game - May 26 - Canada vs Finland

BobClobber

May 25, 2019
Canada has too much team speed and puck moxy for Finland. In their first meeting, Canada was still learning the big ice and Finland played a solid big ice game. I don't know what Hockey Canada is up to but it's put together an U25 team.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It should be a really good game.

Canada 'should' win, but the same was said of Sweden in the quarter finals, and there was actually a prediction that Russia would win yesterday by "13-1".

I wouldn't count the Finns out.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I have to admit after the first game I wouldn't have thought either of these teams would have made it out of the quarterfinals let alone play each other in the final, both teams have played much better since. Canada has played some excellent hockey so hopefully they'll be able to pull this off.
You what? When was the last time that either of these teams missed the WHC quarter finals?

Edit: misread your post never mind!

Last edited:

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
I will stay this same... Finland 4 and Canada 1. Kaski with 2pp goals. Savinainen with one and ofc. Kakko will make game winning goal. Go for it!!

Last edited:

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
The difference between NHL and European leagues is minimal and this will be another game to prove it.

I would actually argue that teams in European leagues play much better hockey just that invidual skill level is higher is NHL.

Reactions: Ippenator

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Remember when people kept saying Canada was close to being dethroned as the sports ultimate superpower? lol right on eh....making the finals of a tournament we only take half seriously, with our E team at best.

Reactions: JJR and mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Remember when people kept saying Canada was close to being dethroned as the sports ultimate superpower? lol right on eh....making the finals of a tournament we only take half seriously, with our E team at best.
And facing Finland's C roster (at least 25 available players missing) but A TEAM!

Should be an interesting game with two teams wanting to prove themselves worthy!

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
A naked clown *could* go out on the ice and sing the canadian national anthem in klingon while french fries poured out of his ears too. Doesn't make it likely.

There is no way that this game is 8-1. I feel fortunate to be in the gold medal game with this team, considering 70 players rejecting to play for their country. It's quite remarkable that this Finnish team has knocked off the King and OVI.:popcorn::thumbu::laugh:

Reactions: Hasa92 and mattihp

BobClobber

May 25, 2019
A naked clown *could* go out on the ice and sing the canadian national anthem in klingon while french fries poured out of his ears too. Doesn't make it likely.
Objectively, your favoured example is far less likely than a 8-1 Canadian win.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Canada wins tomorrow. Stone is on fire and Murray has 2 stanley cup rings so he knows how to win the big games. Sorry Suomi but you will have to be happy with silver :) canada 4-0
Nothing is set in Stone with this Finnish squad. We'll see how things go tomorrow. Although this is a better team Canada than the one the Finns beat early on, they've shown time and again they can topple the top teams.

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I'm still torn between watching this game or European election results. Finland vs. sport's ultimate super power just makes me think we don't have the force.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I really like how all the Canadians are like .. Canada will win this easily.. were did we hear this before.. oh yeah the two latest games that Finland won ( I still think that Canada will win but I doubt it will be easy)

Reactions: Ippenator

thestudent

May 10, 2011
1. Finland already surpassed all expectations... they are feeling as if they have already "won" with the Silver
2. Very hard to get up to play after two emotional wins in a row
3. They are no longer considered a "mediocre" team
4. Canada has the revenge factor.
5. Canada won't take them lightly as SWE or RUS.

CAN in a blowout ... 4-1 Everyone will be happy anyway. Silver is good enough according to Finnish mentality, especially with this Mestis team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad