GDT: Gold Medal Game | Canada vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I wish Seguin hadn't hit the post there. He had so much net. I still don't feel fully comfortable. If they get a couple early, it could be interesting.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Oh those Russians...so much skill, putting up huge numbers in the NHL regular season. And then they come to these events and never get the job done.

That's not true. It's just that Russia doesn't develop as many quality Dmen as Canada.
They do get the job done when they are properly surrounded.

malkin_connsmythe540.jpg

illpucks

May 26, 2011
What the hell is going on with this Russian team?

Oh, I see, Ovechkin's in the lineup. :laugh:

Yes, blame the guy who is jet lagged played on no noticed, and still finishes the tournament PPG.

If anything you should blame the Captain. But Messier in his prime couldn't save this team.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Canada's D is really underated.
Burns, Hamhuis and Muzzin have been fantastic.
I didn't really know how this one would go but Canada has given Russia hardly anything through 40.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
To all the Russians here : are you really worried? This Russian team has played terrible hockey from day 1 of this World Championship. This team miraculously got to the final, but they are absolutely no match for this Canadian team. If it was Russia's 2012 team, it wouldn't be 4-0, more like 2-2.

I predicted a 7-2 result, and people joked around me. But Canada IS that much better this year. Just too fast, too skilled, too strong. Too good, it's even unfair.

Villert

Dec 29, 2009
Ovi's just playing this game for fun. This game has very little importance compared to game 7 against the Rangers.

I'm sure you've heard Ovechkin talk about his international pride before - even threatened leaving the NHL if he wasn't allowed to play in Sochi. Unless you're being sarcastic, that is just so clearly untrue.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Ovi's just playing this game for fun. This game has very little importance compared to game 7 against the Rangers.

Well of course, but the game seven loss wouldn't sting so bad if he could capture a gold.

Two big games in one week and what looks like two losses for Ovi.

cleveland408

Registered
Apr 12, 2014
This is pretty embarrassing for the Russians to be so outplayed like this. They cannot get any offense going at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad