GDT: Gold Medal Game | Canada vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I wonder, is this tournament a fluke or a sign of things to come? Have canadian players started caring about this tournament and we can expect to see this every year from now on?

Every year that Crosby's eliminated early. :sarcasm:

And with Rutherford at the helm, it'll probably be a regular thing.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I wonder, is this tournament a fluke or a sign of things to come? Have canadian players started caring about this tournament and we can expect to see this every year from now on?

Probably a lot of luck, Crosby and Giroux not playing at this time of year in the playoffs can't really be counted on. But I think a gold here would encourage less Canadians to skip the tournament.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
i think its got something to do with Hockey Canada saying in the past to be considered for Olympic teams they will take into account your participation in other tournaments, namely this one, I'm guess they were sick of getting so many no and filling these teams up with 3rd and 4th liners.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Oh those Russians...so much skill, putting up huge numbers in the NHL regular season. And then they come to these events and never get the job done.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

Depends which teams make the playoffs. Didnt expect Crosby, Seguin, Giroux etc to be here.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Another gold medal game? Another goal for crosby. Just another day at the office.

Also has 4 game winning points in the tourney including the game winning assist in the semis

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So basically everyone here who argued that Smith over Price would make absolutely no difference are 100% right.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
It is general consensus, that if Canada puts up two teams, they'll both play the final against each other. I'd even go as far as to say three teams.

top 6

Can A - Can B
Can C - Schweden - Russia - US

It's not general consensus at all. Canada has had great roster before but never went to the finals.

crunchyblack*

I seriously have a mancrush on Barrie, Does the kid ever make a bad pass?, So damn patient with the puck also.

While Hamhuis and burns will get a ton of the credit on the back end (as they should).

barrie has been imo the standout D-man this tourney, just a hell of a hockey player.

Ive been so impressed by Barrie, kid's a stud.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
where are the russian stars? i havent seen a memorable glimpse from tank or kovalchuk yet and malkin just seems to be in goon mode

photo.php
hamhuis_dan.jpg

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This turned out to be one heck of a rough week for Ovechkin, if Russia doesn't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad