GDT: Gold medal game CAN-RUS part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It doesn't reflect well on the coaching staff. I don't know if they tried to keep the players on the ice or were willing participants in the walkout. Either way, it's not good for them.

Coach is a good guy, but GM is well hysterical probably is the word. Again, whoever is responcoble for this stupidity should pay from his pocket. Now they are telling smth like we just didn't understand and were misguided by IIHF officials, but most likely there will be internal fines for those who is responcible.

Anyway, welcome next year, and of course, congrats to team Canada, probably the most dominant WC team ever(Sweden 2006 and Russia 2014 are close but those were Olympic years).

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Warm up to post game, just a lack of professionalism and sportsmanship.

You have to figure at least a few of the guys on the Russian team are embarrassed about it.

Sounds like some fans and politicians are as well.

Plus the other stuff during the tournament, disrespecting the US team, complaining about the event organization (I think they did the same thing in Vancouver).

Just tiresome. Grow up.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Coach is a good guy, but GM is well hysterical probably is the word. Again, whoever is responcoble for this stupidity should pay from his pocket. Now they are telling smth like we just didn't understand and were misguided by IIHF officials, but most likely there will be internal fines for those who is responcible.

Anyway, welcome next year, and of course, congrats to team Canada, probably the most dominant WC team ever(Sweden 2006 and Russia 2014 are close but those were Olympic years).

Thanks. Best wishes. :)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nope. It is not overreacting. This is not just this tournament. Kovalchuk shows similar behavior in KHL as well. I think we should stop sending national team of this level to WHC. We have U-20 team and we need to send this team to WHC. No need to send tired veterans from NHL.

It's overreacting dude. Banning people from National Team for this is overreaction. It's like life sentence for stealing 10$. And sending U20 WJC team to WC is overreaction aswell. Maybe they should send 15 y.o?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Do wish they'd rethink that closing ceremony to begin with. Between handing out medals, the trophy, tournament all star team and the anthem it just takes too long when you're the losing team.

That I agree with. Handshake line, give the medals, name the All-Stars, play the anthem.

Let the other team leave if they want, and give the trophy.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
It's overreacting dude. Banning people from National Team for this is overreaction. It's like life sentence for stealing 10$. And sending U20 WJC team to WC is overreaction aswell. Maybe they should send 15 y.o?

I am not talking about 15 y.o. We can add some middle class players from KHL or even VHL to a roster. Keep everyone who have rookie contract in NHL. And that's all. Besides this all others should be banned from national team.

Kalasch

May 18, 2015
Munich
They not supposed to act in such way. They have to respect national anthem and flag. Also they need to respect wining team. They lost in final to definitely stronger team. Our media said that Kovalchuk called them. He should be suspended for play in national team forever, as well as all others who left.

And who else should play? :shakehead

U have to basically suspend nearly all Players for one Players fault (IF it is true that Kovalchuk was the Initiator of this disaster) you can now argue that the players should to their own thang but still they are a TEAM.
Would u stay alone if ur whole Team is gone? Hardly peer pressure:(

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I am not talking about 15 y.o. We can add some middle class players from KHL or even VHL to a roster. Keep everyone who have rookie contract in NHL. And that's all. Besides this all others should be banned from national team.

You are going to ban guys like Malkin and Ovechkin, and Tarasenko who jump at the chance to play for their country every chance they get?

That's an overreaction.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
You are going to ban guys like Malkin and Ovechkin, and Tarasenko who jump at the chance to play for their country every chance they get?

That's an overreaction.

That's is not a reaction to this incident only. This is a reaction to whole style how we play on WHC. Every time we bring all these NHLs. Sometimes we win the cup and this give us wrong understanding of hockey development in Russia.
When time to play on Olympics then our team, which is best on paper, just choke prior the medal round.
Yes that's why we shall ban Ovechkin and Malkin. KHL, VHL and MHL is a mirror of oour development system and we need to see how it can compete on WHC level.

Mahonkinen

Sep 18, 2013
Congratulations Team Canada! Well deserved win.

As for russia, well whos suprised with how it went down? Its been the tune of that team for a longer time now.. Ovie tho was a class act trough out the whole game. No pokeing, no rubbing gloves to face when chances to do so.. As for next years WC in St. Petersburg & Moscov, well I sincerely hope that Team Russia acts up there.

Too bad for the straight up russian fans also. It would be hell of a lot easyer to support em when you can rispect them.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
That's is not a reaction to this incident only. This is a reaction to whole style how we play on WHC. Every time we bring all these NHLs. Sometimes we win the cup and this give us wrong understanding of hockey development in Russia.
When time to play on Olympics then our team, which is best on paper, just choke prior the medal round.
Yes that's why we shall ban Ovechkin and Malkin. KHL, VHL and MHL is a mirror of oour development system and we need to see how it can compete on WHC level.

So you are basically black listing guys who go to the NHL?

That seems like a disaster of an idea.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I definitely saw that Ovechkin and Malkin were staying for the anthem but then somebody on their side told them and the rest to come in, which was pretty lame. Kudos for those who stayed and wanted to stay,

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Didn't Russian hockey alienate a bunch of players in the 90s with a similar way of thinking? Like big name guys such as Federov, Mogilny, Zubov, and the like?

Maybe I am mis-remembering.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
So you are basically black listing guys who go to the NHL?

That seems like a disaster of an idea.

No. I am talking about WHC. Our NHL players can always play at World Cup of Hockey in America. We can train chemistry to specific players, they will not have jet lag, or problem with smaller rinks.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
No. I am talking about WHC. Our NHL players can always play at World Cup of Hockey in America. We can train chemistry to specific players, they will not have jet lag, or problem with smaller rinks.

What about the Olympics?

Let them only play tournaments that don't include non NHL players?

Yeesh. If I'm one of those players I'd never play for Russia again so don't bother asking.

You are basically suggesting your better prospects don't go to the NHL and stay home.

How has that been working so far? Not a new concept by Russian hockey.

Partagas

Dec 20, 2011

Coach is a good guy ? Znarok , as i said in another post, is an undign person, a disrespectful guy.Sure don't you remember the throatcut act against the sweden team last year in Sochi ?
IIHF should have banned him for the entire life!!

Partagas

Dec 20, 2011
Coach is a good guy ? Znarok , as i said in another post, is an undign person, a disrespectful guy.Sure don't you remember the throatcut act against the sweden team last year in Sochi ?

I am sure that the walkout of the russian team during or before the canadian anthem came from him !

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I think that Olympics will not have NHL'ers anymore. In this case we would have our national team ready, since no NHL ers play on WHC. In case if NHLers will play on Olympics we need to have hybrid team as always.

I see.

So you are only talking about the WHC.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They not supposed to act in such way. They have to respect national anthem and flag. Also they need to respect wining team. They lost in final to definitely stronger team. Our media said that Kovalchuk called them. He should be suspended for play in national team forever, as well as all others who left.

Ovie and Malkin and few other players were going to stay but apparently Kovy waved them off. These players have been so many times in the finals, they should know the protocol already. :shakehead

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Ovie and Malkin and few other players were going to stay but apparently Kovy waved them off. These players have been so many times in the finals, they should know the protocol already. :shakehead

Definitely not a secret.

Kovalchuk is garbage, and has been a dick from junior to now.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I see.

So you are only talking about the WHC.

The problem I see is that very little number of players from KHL can try to play for national team. Yes they have sometimes chance to play in Euro hockey tour but our coaches change them very quickly so they can't get needed chemistry. On other side when NHL players comes to the team they give wrong attitude to our KHLs on the team. They think that they world stars. Couple years without medal round or even relegation will quickly show the all problems with defense development and coaching.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Znarok wasn't in Sochi.
At WC he got in a verbal fight with Swedish hothead Gronnborg who was screaming smth. like I'll kill you.
Yes he's a good guy, has a medal of Honor for helping the police in arresting a high-ranking criminal, during this he received his scar on the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad