GDT: Gold medal game CAN-RUS part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Nothing but respect for Ovi. Plays the game hard but empties the tank pretty quickly on his shifts. Wouldnt be surprised to see him pot one in the third.

Didn't like the sour grapes from Malkin at the end of the period though.....

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Not to count my chickens, but it's crazy that between 2010-2014 Canada could only muster up a mens and women's gold and a U-18 championship. Now in the laslast 15 months it's been a men's and women's gold, world junior gold, and what's shortly to be WHC gold.

Its boring to win all the time.

Microsens

Jul 18, 2014
To all the Russians here : are you really worried? This Russian team has played terrible hockey from day 1 of this World Championship. This team miraculously got to the final, but they are absolutely no match for this Canadian team. If it was Russia's 2012 team, it wouldn't be 4-0, more like 2-2.

I predicted a 7-2 result, and people joked around me. But Canada IS that much better this year. Just too fast, too skilled, too strong. Too good, it's even unfair.
No more Russians after the first.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Stay out of the box. I don't think Russia can score 4 ES goals, but if they get a couple PPs, look out.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, well - for once I don't mind Canada's domination, this is such beautiful hockey, fast, technical, skillful. At times they play like the Soviet Union in their prime: incredibly accurate and quick passing, changing positions, sickly fast play. Awesome.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Missing so many of our top players but we are still playing fantastic stuff. So so strong defensively, and skill/speed during transition.

But this isn't over, they need to remind the players of the 2012? world junior third period collapse.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Can't see this turning round barring some major PP opportunities for Russia.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Don't get to say this often....

If the Russians triple their shots from the last period and score on every one, it still wont be enough.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Stay out of the box. I don't think Russia can score 4 ES goals, but if they get a couple PPs, look out.

I doubt Russia can even get 4 SOG this period. The Russian forwards are fantastic, but they need the puck to do anything. If the Russian Dmen can't get it out, they are removed from the game. Their best chance would be to spring one of their big guns on a breakaway or a 2 on 1.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canada is just stacked.

Forwards - High end skill - two way studs
Defense - Steady guys like Burns and Hamhuis
Puck movers - Like barrie and Ekblad
Jack of all trades - Like Muzzin and wein
Not to mention coaching has been excellent

Goaltending has been pretty good also. Love this team

Status
Not open for further replies.