GDT: Gold Medal Game • Feb. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Are the Swedes going to keep going with the hail mary stretch pass offence, or actually try to possess the puck?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
But to constantly say it makes them sound like they're whining but we're the classless gloating Canadians...please! Yes Finland and Sweden played an amazing Olympics but to use that as an excuse when their goalie is keeping them in it is just so childish.

Date Event
Feb 12 (completed)
Men – Group C CZE 2 : 4 SWE
Feb 14 (completed)
Men – Group C SWE 1 : 0 SUI
Feb 15 (completed)
Men – Group C SWE 5 : 3 LAT
Feb 19 (completed)
Men – Quarterfinal SWE 5 : 0 SLO
Feb 21 (completed)
Men – Semifinal SWE 2 : 1 FIN

I don't see any game where the goalie was the reason they won.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The constant need to white knight Kunitz is beyond pathetic. He doesn't belong anywhere near an Olympic team and that's a fact.

Great game by Canada though. Price has been incredible.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
This may sound incredibly Canadian hockey conceited, but this game is over.

Canada is playing too well defensively to allow 3 goals in 20 mins.

Not happening.

Sweden doesn't need three. They need two and then take it to OT.

You can play a lot worse than Sweden has and get a couple bounces in 20 minutes.

Far from over. Never count out a proud team like Team Sweden. Especially when they got the King in goal.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I agree. Their missing players affect that team more than losing Stamkos and Tavares hurts us, in all fairness. Depth and all.

I know this may sound arrogant/homer but even with a full line up do you really believe they'd beat Canada? It might be closer but this team is untouchable right now. They haven't lost, trailed all tournament and look better with each game. A dangerous team.

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
High hit from behind on Kunitz Elbow up too...Coulda been 5 plus game, at least double minor...He WAS Bleeding...Don't blame refs for chickening out though,,,Don't wanna be the deciding factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad