Gold helmets for all home games -- official

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
No, that's awful. Complain all year and hopefully it will only be a one year thing and they scrap them all together next year.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We're going to win the Cup this season so we can ensure that we look as goofy as possible while finally doing it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As these are clearly yellow helmets, and not gold by any stretch (regardless of what the team wants to promote), I shall call them the yelmets.

Last edited:

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Sounds like they've taken "Gold On The Ceiling" to heart.

Gold helmets are neat as a novelty thing or on a limited schedule, but every home game? To me, that takes some of the aesthetic "pop" out of the jerseys. I'll probably get used to it after about a dozen games.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
I concur with others - it's doesn't look as good as they think it does.

As a neophyte franchise, I applaud them for trying to create something distinctly Nashville, some sort of tradition or custom - I dig the yellow jerseys, no one has anything like this - but this just seems like overkill.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Sounds like they've taken "Gold On The Ceiling" to heart.

Gold helmets are neat as a novelty thing or on a limited schedule, but every home game? To me, that takes some of the aesthetic "pop" out of the jerseys. I'll probably get used to it after about a dozen games.

I posted before I read the entire thread, but I agree exactly with this.

It just doesn't flow with the look of the jersey and pants.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Agreed.

But if they had asked me what I think about the overall look, I'm not a fan. Blue helmets contrasted and looked better.
Yeah that's what annoys me. They took a good thing and went overkill on it. Plus I feel like, on top of looking goofy, the shade of these helmets doesn't match the shade of the jersey.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
This is a brilliant move by Management. They are counting on the opposing teams to be laughing so hard at those ridiculous helmets that they won't concentrate on the game.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Next are the yellow pants like the Preds Select.

preds-select-equipment.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Gold pants would be a terrible choice. They'll show sweat badly. It's the fact that that's such a light color. I believe it was the Red Wings whose pants were just the right shade of red that they looked like they'd been peed in by about the middle of the first period. You want dark pants--black, dark navy, really deep green--darker than hunter, maroon.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The yellow helmets are bad enough. No need to compound it with the yellow pants as well.

Up next? For Saturday night games the Preds will be referred to as the, "Nashville Gold"!

Seriously, the vast majority of fans are against these yellow buckets. Can't imagine the players like them that much either.

Go back to the Navy Preds.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The yellow helmets are bad enough. No need to compound it with the yellow pants as well.

Up next? For Saturday night games the Preds will be referred to as the, "Nashville Gold"!

Seriously, the vast majority of fans are against these yellow buckets. Can't imagine the players like them that much either.

Go back to the Navy Preds.

I agree with you. The Navy helmets looked good!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad