GDT: Going to the Big D and I Do Mean Dallas (5:00 MT Dec 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Dallas came into this game with the #6 ranked penalty kill. I've waited so long for this team to have a good powerplay and I hope this is the start of something.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Moving Tkachuk off the front of the net and getting him on the Right Circle was a stroke of genius. He's our second best playmaker outside of Gaudreau.

Winnipeg has been doing this for years with Ehlers down low. I have been wanting the Flames to be copying them for years as well. Monahan in the slot is so useless when there is also a net front presence (who doesn't cycle down to the side of the net) because he just gets swallowed up by all four pk'ers. If you move the puck around and use the guy down low on the side of the net it opens up the slot player and guys can get their shot off, like Monahan did there. Scheifele does it all the time whereas Monahan usually just gets slashed and crossed checked and can never get the puck because there was no movement before.

The only way the slot guy is useful is if you can move the puck quickly, move the puck cross ice and move it down low.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Imagine if Dan O'Hallaron wasn't the epitome of a pile of burning tires and called penalties against Montreal last game. We would have won 13-3.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Name a more iconic duo than "Giordano shoots" and "off a leg"

I think Hamilton outdid him in his first two seasons in Calgary. Like every shot was into shin pads. Gio is having a really off year though. Without looking he has to be at like 2 goals on the year.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Stars a bunch of pansies. Won't fight, all three guys just putting Flames in headlocks and bearhugs.

Cowards.

Bunch of dumbasses, don't slash the goalie a second after the whistle is blown and the goalie clearly has the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad