GDT: Going to the Big D and I Do Mean Dallas (5:00 MT Dec 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Both of my favorite teams have huge games vs Dallas today.
Go Eagles, Go Flames.
We can't lose today and tomorrow and be on a 5 game losing streak going into the Oilers game.
These back to backs are must win.
I don't agree with Janks, Rinaldo and Stone in.
Brutal.

Reactions: Tofveve

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I think Dube was better in the last 2 games than he was in the 3 before that. Especially against Pittsburgh, he was flying. Kylington getting scratched after scoring for a liability is a very Flames thing to do. Rinaldo might actually be better than Frolik at this point so whatever.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
That first line was formed somewhere during the 3rd last game. Glad to see Johnny on the first line again regardless. Don't mind this line, see what it can do. Wouldn't be surprised if Lindholm replaces Backs at some point and everything returns to how it was.

Also, keep Dube in. I don't get it. Guy hasn't lost himself a spot IMO.

Finally, yes give Kylington some playing time. Only Gio, Brodie and Andersson are gimmees back there.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
the idea that Kylington, who's right there with Andersson and Hanifin as our 3rd most effective Dman after the Gio/Brodie pair, is being treated as a 6/7 is just a gross show of incompetence by the coaches. I can't see Ward lasting through to next year if he doesn't elevate himself past this kind of nonsense

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
If we have issues generating chances tonight we'll know the lineup changes were a bust......….this team has been generating a ton even with three straight losses

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Both of my favorite teams have huge games vs Dallas today.
Go Eagles, Go Flames.
We can't lose today and tomorrow and be on a 5 game losing streak going into the Oilers game.
These back to backs are must win.
I don't agree with Janks, Rinaldo and Stone in.
Brutal.

Hopefully we win both. Im going to the game tomorrow so pleasssse put together 2 great game series

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I got ripped on on Calgary Flames reddit for calling out Michael Stone, but for the love of f***ing God stop playing this useless piece of awfulness. He doesn't add any toughness, his "toughness" is his taking penalties, his "toughness" is always playing in his own zone because his defence is f***ing atrocious, his "toughness" is letting guys walk in front of the net because he is too slow and can't use his stick to defend.

I'm sick of this crap.

Also, I understand the process for Dube, but Jankowski playing is not a solution, he's also f***ing atrocious.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Yup. I'm almost about done with Ward already. Not inspiring any confidence.

That first line was formed somewhere during the 3rd last game. Glad to see Johnny on the first line again regardless. Don't mind this line, see what it can do. Wouldn't be surprised if Lindholm replaces Backs at some point and everything returns to how it was.

Also, keep Dube in. I don't get it. Guy hasn't lost himself a spot IMO.

Finally, yes give Kylington some playing time. Only Gio, Brodie and Andersson are gimmees back there.

??

Gaudreau-Monahan-Backlund have played a good chunk of every game together since Ward took over 10 games ago.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Yup. I'm almost about done with Ward already. Not inspiring any confidence.

??

Gaudreau-Monahan-Backlund have played a good chunk of every game together since Ward took over 10 games ago.

I didn't notice that. Every game? I'm pretty sure the lines stuck most of the games with Ryan/Lucic/Gaudreau and Monahan on the 2nd line with Backs and a 3rd player. PPs were different of course.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Last time out he had 3 SOG I believe. I am not worried when Stone is playing. He's a good soldier much the way Engelland was.

Except Engelland was just as trash tier as Stone is. Brodie carrying Engelland completely clouds peoples minds that Engelland was anything other than total and utter crap.

Every time Stone is on the ice, it's a complete gong show in our own zone. I have no idea what you're watching if you feel comfortable when this absolute bum is on the ice. He's a bottom 5 player in the NHL which has the Detroit Red Wings defence in it.

Reactions: super6646

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Except Engelland was just as trash tier as Stone is. Brodie carrying Engelland completely clouds peoples minds that Engelland was anything other than total and utter crap.

Every time Stone is on the ice, it's a complete gong show in our own zone. I have no idea what you're watching if you feel comfortable when this absolute bum is on the ice. He's a bottom 5 player in the NHL which has the Detroit Red Wings defence in it.

Thanks for saying it, hate the rivision around engelland because he had once decent year with Vegas.

Stone is awful, just awful. Analytics say he is one of the worst dmen in the league, and that’s with playing arguably our best top 4 dmen in Brodie this year. I am not stretching the truth when I say that he is not nhl caliber... and if he was, why didn’t a single other team take a chance at him for league min?

I’ve thought your hate for Stone was stretched in the past btw, but I think it’s unforgivable this team has already given him 20 games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->