Going to first game. Advice?

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Try to stop and get some smoked meat, and if you're drinking (as previously mentioned) do the majority of it outside the Bell Centre.

Macleans isn't a bad spot, they have a good sports ambiance if you can show up at like 4:30pm, because it'll be packed by 5:30-6. Five minute walk from the venue, giant towers of beer and decent deals on shots.

Otherwise, once inside I'd recommend finding where the closest bathroom is. I've kept my buzz going at a rate of 1 tall can per period, and usually have to pee twice. First time there, I went 30 secs after the buzzer and it took the whole intermission. Second time I went with 10 seconds left in the period and I was back to enjoy the little 8-bit looking skating race on the big screen. Never pick yellow.

Good luck and enjoy your game!

habbydude

Mar 23, 2009
All i can say is i hope condon plays against the sabres friday. I will be pissed if i dont get to see price play

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think the whole "drinking outside the arena" recommendation holds for every Canadian arena. Who the hell wants to pay like $8+ for a tall can of a crappy macro brew that I wouldn't even pay $2.50 for at a store?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Get there early... they seem to think a Habs game is an ISIS target or something so they've installed metal detectors at all the entrances. It took me a good 15-20 minutes to get into the arena last night which was a piss off seeing as it used to take a couple of minutes to get in in previous years.

habbydude

Mar 23, 2009
Well. What an awesome experience. We were center ice near the back. Right in front of legends row and i was so surprised how good the view was. Could see everything perfectly. So happy this was the game i chose at the start of the season. We got to be part of history. Cant wait to go back again. Even if we did spend 500 or so bucks on beer at the game. All worth it. Side note i parked at a hotel we stayed at and backed my suv into a vent in the parking spot. Smashed my back window out. Still worth it

habbydude

Mar 23, 2009
Well. I dont drink. The wife and my cousin do. So i still had to shell out cash for drinks lol

NicoandTristessa

Nov 18, 2014
I don't get the smoked meat thing. It's freakin' smoked meat. Who cares? It's like when Montrealers (and I am one) brag about bagels. Wow, we have the best bagels. It's still just a bagel.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ye Old Orchard Pub by the Bell Center....best place by far, old school type pub, you won't be disappointed!

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Get there early... they seem to think a Habs game is an ISIS target or something so they've installed metal detectors at all the entrances. It took me a good 15-20 minutes to get into the arena last night which was a piss off seeing as it used to take a couple of minutes to get in in previous years.

The NHL has ruled that all NHL arenas now have to use Walk-through Metal Detectors. (Regardless of location)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad