Going to first game. Advice?

habbydude

Mar 23, 2009
Hey. So we are making the trip up to montreal saturday to see the habs play the leafs. Im def gonna check out all i can at the bell centre, but is there anything i shouldnt miss out on as a die hard habs fan? Any way to maybe get an autograph?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Autographs of players is near-impossible at the game.

Get there early and check out the Habs Hall of Fame.

Eat a hot-dog.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hey. So we are making the trip up to montreal saturday to see the habs play the leafs. Im def gonna check out all i can at the bell centre, but is there anything i shouldnt miss out on as a die hard habs fan? Any way to maybe get an autograph?

How long in town?

Best way to get Habs autographs in MTL,is at the practice facility in Brossard,or out of town,might be able after to the game,if at the right club.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If you drink...drink outside of the Center....then milk your beer inside. Damn expensive! :laugh:

This, pretty much. There are a few spots where you can drink/eat before the game that are somewhat cheap. I usually went to Les 3 Brasseurs back then

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
This, pretty much. There are a few spots where you can drink/eat before the game that are somewhat cheap. I usually went to Les 3 Brasseurs back then

I think it should be noted if you plan to drink at the bars before the game get there early. This was my plan before a montreal boston game, dinner and beer before the game, however at 6:00 it was not possible to get service before the game started. Ended up eating at belle province no beer, spent 80 dollars on 6 tall cans at the game. ( i believe it may have been more the 80.. with tip included.. Anyways the most expensive 6 tall boy's i have ever drank that's for sure)

habbydude

Mar 23, 2009
Well the autograph part sucks. Would love to add to price beliveu and roy. But theres always ebay for that i guess. I dont drink much, but def gonna go poutine nuts. Nothing like a real montreal poutine. Its been about 16 years since ive had one. We are only in town from about noon saturday til noon sunday then driving back to halifax. Def wanna see as much habs related stuff as possible

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well the autograph part sucks. Would love to add to price beliveu and roy. But theres always ebay for that i guess. I dont drink much, but def gonna go poutine nuts. Nothing like a real montreal poutine. Its been about 16 years since ive had one. We are only in town from about noon saturday til noon sunday then driving back to halifax. Def wanna see as much habs related stuff as possible

Nothing like a Halifax Donair though. I don't remember how since I didn't organize it but I did get to go to the opposing team's practice (Minnesota) which was pretty cool. We were with a guy who knew Mike Yeo so we chatted with him a bit. You could check out Old Montreal as well. Some pretty good places to eat there as well. Make sure you're full and not thirsty before going cause you'll leave the Bell center broke if you are. Even if you don't drink, I would have a couple before just to get into it but that's just me. Other than that, just enjoy the game.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Sometimes they practice at the Bell Centre and you can get autographs when they drive out the back. I've got a few that way. They're usually at Brossard though.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Don't get smashed before the game. You'll end up going to the washroom every 10 minutes and if you're like me you will feel dizzy by the 3rd period once hungover kick in

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
I can't wait to go to my first Habs game at the Bell one day. Lifelong fan here as well. My dream is to visit the Bell Centre. Truly jealous of all of you.

Carey The Habs

Sep 18, 2015
Maybe I am a square but I don't like getting smashed for habs games since I am out west and don't see them often. I like to remember the game :P. But if I were you I would find a legit poutine

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Seriously though.....

Montreal has some great restaurants of all types for all budgets..... The food at the bell center is better than your average event center....but still nothing to write home about.

There are a bunch of pubs and restaurants not far....eat first. The Bar-B-Barn would be a good choice if you want some history and habs stuff. It's very close. Don't even think about ordering the large rack of ribs....

Generally the area around the bell center is pretty much the crappiest part of montreal. if you have time go explore!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad