GDT: Going Tanking @ Canucks - 10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I wonder whether Eller goes to wing or press box if and when 19 returns.

Mojo pass to no one was third time tonight that one of our guys ended an offensive possession by passing to slot even though we had 0 players there.
IFFF Backstrom returns this year Eller will move to wing. Strome could move to wing as well but he looks just fine at 1C with OV and Sheary. my worst fear is that 19 comes back between trade deadline and end of season with caps in playoff position. I’m just resigned that we have Eller all year.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I wonder whether Eller goes to wing or press box if and when 19 returns.

Mojo pass to no one was third time tonight that one of our guys ended an offensive possession by passing to slot even though we had 0 players there.
In order for 19 to return, significant amounts of salary have to either be traded away or end up on LTIR themselves. In other words, 19 isn't coming back unless another big salary player is on LTIR or the team is far enough out of the race to be selling off pieces like Mantha, Orlov, Oshie, or Wilson. Whoever is subtracted from the roster will likely shed light on where Eller would play in the event of a Nicky return.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
In order for 19 to return, significant amounts of salary have to either be traded away or end up on LTIR themselves. In other words, 19 isn't coming back unless another big salary player is on LTIR or the team is far enough out of the race to be selling off pieces like Mantha, Orlov, Oshie, or Wilson. Whoever is subtracted from the roster will likely shed light on where Eller would play in the event of a Nicky return.
personally if I had to guess if 19 is moved then eller would be the piece that is shipped out

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
personally if I had to guess if 19 is moved then eller would be the piece that is shipped out
actually, now that im looking at it, assuming wilson is healthy when backstrom is back (since wilson was never officially moved to LTIR) the caps could keep all the major salary pieces and run with it if they make the following roster moves:
send down Aliaksei Protas, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Joe Snively, and Alex Alexeyev. According to CapFriendly, this lineup is under the cap with like 180k to spare
1669784775459.png

Reactions: um

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I remember when the Caps couldn't buy a win in Vancouver. I would like to see them get something going this road trip. Good win.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
too good to unironically tank, way too weak to compete in PO. i still don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad