going forward: J.Hughes vs Stutzle vs Raymond (originally posted Feb 7, 22)

going forward

• J.Hughes

• Stutzle

• Raymond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Think this one is going to look comical in a few years. Hughes by a big margin.

Big margin? Looking at how good Stutzle and Raymond are/will be... how good do you think Hughes will be? Seems like you expect Nathan MacKinnon at least

Not really... most logical neutral unbiased fans think Hughes will be the best.... It's just fan bases of the other prospects arguing it for the most part.

There's a TON of non Sens fans who think Stutzle will be a beast. Not sure where you take that from, must be a really dark place

At same age Stutzle marginally outperforming and notably better defensive with much higher physical promise. Stutzle's game is going to revolve around using puck protection too, which will explode when he gets man strength.

Also, when the team gets healthier and when Stutzle will have better linemates offensively. I love Brown and Paul but they are not top-6 forwards even if Brown has been producing like one since coming to Ottawa (elite 3rd liners can do that). Formenton is only 22 y/o and has been "breaking out" only since December. Also Norris has only been injured recently, so now has started to play with Tkachuk and they have been producing.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson would result in PPG, as soon as now

Norris needs Batherson to score 35+ goals too. So we'll see what happens when everyone is healthy

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Stutzle will indeed turn out better than Hughes, how much better will he be than a PPG Center for the poll to actually look silly?

Stutzle won't just be PPG, he has the potential to be an insane all around force. Physically, defensively etc. What Hughes cannot.

Secondly, it'll look silly because of how many were quick to dismiss Stutzle. Look at early pages of this. Brutal posts by folks who have no idea what they talking about; putting Hughes on a separate tier to Stutzle, lol.

As I said in my initial post, I don't know if Hughes can sustain his success with his frame and style of game. Guy has to put on a whole lot of weight and still maintain same game.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hughes

Stutzle
Raymond

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Stutzle won't just be PPG, he has the potential to be an insane all around force. Physically, defensively etc. What Hughes cannot.

Secondly, it'll look silly because of how many were quick to dismiss Stutzle. Look at early pages of this. Brutal posts by folks who have no idea what they talking about; putting Hughes on a separate tier to Stutzle, lol.

As I said in my initial post, I don't know if Hughes can sustain his success with his frame and style of game. Guy has to put on a whole lot of weight and still maintain same game.
I never seen such a physical force dive, whine and cry so much and be made fun of by his peers for it.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I never seen such a physical force dive, whine and cry so much and be made fun of by his peers for it.
I did find myself saying, "Gallagher may have had a point..." once or twice in the game last night.

He got so mad when Walsh, in his first NHL game, rubbed him out along the boards and needed Sabourin to take a penalty for him.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Gallagher, is that you?
There's been multiple players. He's definitely getting a reputation. I searched "stutzle dive" on twitter and there is some pretty funny stuff.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
There's been multiple players. He's definitely getting a reputation. I searched "stutzle dive" on twitter and there is some pretty funny stuff.

I don't recognize any of those players??? What team do they play for?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I did find myself saying, "Gallagher may have had a point..." once or twice in the game last night.

He got so mad when Walsh, in his first NHL game, rubbed him out along the boards and needed Sabourin to take a penalty for him.

Lol that's because he put him into the boards 20 ft away from where he shot the puck. Not to mention the puck was covered. It's either a late hit, interference, or hitting after the play as the whistle was blown pretty much simultaneously. Basically, after he shot the puck, and skated around behind the net, he was no longer a player expecting to be hit.

Should have been 2 min interference or roughing to NJ.

Reactions: Bileur and Xspyrit

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I can careless to argue about it, I guess I'm old school and have very little respect for people that try to take advantage of the game that way. He's a great player no doubt and most likely will be a star but yeah... not a fan of that part of his game at all.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Rookie season Sidney Crosby. His strength caught up to his skills and the rest was history.

Now, Timmy won't be a top5/10 player all-time, but we're already seeing the strides he's made now that the muscle has caught up. Has been a different player in the 2nd half of the year and I'd imagine as soon as next season he'll be the bully more often than not.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Good grief, you cany come into a single thread without a massive homer take. Hughes right now is on pace for 94 points and 44 goals. Theyre 8 months apart in age. To be some insane all around force to make people look stupid in this thread, Stutzle is going to have to hit a 115 point level considering how good Hughes has been this season.

How about he worries about staying on his feet a bit whenever theres contact instead of discussing him as some crazy physical force

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Good grief, you cany come into a single thread without a massive homer take. Hughes right now is on pace for 94 points and 44 goals. Theyre 8 months apart in age. To be some insane all around force to make people look stupid in this thread, Stutzle is going to have to hit a 115 point level considering how good Hughes has been this season.

How about he worries about staying on his feet a bit whenever theres contact instead of discussing him as some crazy physical force
Agreed

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

It's not about points. If Timmy can hang around Hughes' point totals (easier said the done, kid is a stud) he'll be better because of what he brings/can bring in other areas.

Maybe some of my fellow Sens fans are being hyperbolic, but I don't think the majority would suggest TS is going to outproduce JH tenfold.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Hughes
Raymond
Stutzle

Can’t stand the way Stutzle acts like a soccer player out there that’s why I have him 3rd

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The poll itself is open ended and just lists three names with "going forward". That can mean a lot of things, including something as silly as they are moving forward, literally. People can pick and choose whatever they want and unless someone wants to just pick based on expected scoring or something it's subjective opinion. NJ, OTT, and DET fans are all going to be taken with a grain of salt as are fans that might have an axe to grind. All three are very talented and successful NHL players at a relatively young age.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
No comment on the poll, I think they will all be legit stars. But Stutzle will be the most physical, for sure. I think the treatment he's gotten lately + the influence of Brady will have him playing with a major chip on his shoulder, and he will soon be physically strong enough to handle himself. He has more hits this year than Brayden Schenn, Sam Bennett, Ryan Lomberg, Brendan Lemieux, Trent Frederic, Mason Marchment, Patric Hornqvist, PL Dubois... he enjoys the physical part of the game and has the frame to play it. Good at getting in front of pucks, too - top 50 in the league amongst fwds. I have a lot of confidence that he will be a very good player at both ends of the ice. If he can get his face-off #s up, he will be a fully complete player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad