going forward: J.Hughes vs Stutzle vs Raymond (originally posted Feb 7, 22)

going forward

• J.Hughes

• Stutzle

• Raymond

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Buddy there's 140 persons, notably Sens and German people that voted for Stutzle, like 5% of the people don't fall in either category.

Jack Hughes is universally thought to be at least top 10ish, if Stutzle is better, that gets him very, very close to the top 5.
When was Jack Hughes universally heralded as a top 10 player?

I'm a big Hughes fan and I don't even think he's there yet. He's a top 10C though.

Reactions: Bileur

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Buddy there's 140 persons, notably Sens and German people that voted for Stutzle, like 5% of the people don't fall in either category.

Jack Hughes is universally thought to be at least top 10ish, if Stutzle is better, that gets him very, very close to the top 5.

Please get help with your reading comprehension. "Going forward" is a simple phrase that almost every English-speaking adult understands. That you don't understand it is a little concerning.

Assen na yo!

Reactions: bert and Korpse

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Take a step back. I know you think we are your enemy, you’ve said as much but I think you are your biggest enemy.

Reactions: bert

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
No, I don’t think adding a 55 pt player with a single good season and 3 pts in 8 games this year would have put them over the top, and the fact that you are asserting he is a definitive 1C is essentially proof of my point.
They're 3 wins out of a playoff spot. You don't think adding Josh Norris could be the difference in 3 wins? During their worst stretch of hockey this year they lost a bunch of one goal games, you don't think a guy who had a 40 goal pace could've given them the extra goal in 3 games this season?

And I'm not asserting anything. He was on the 1st line when he got injured, he was on the 1st line last season too. He was the team's 1st line center.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Bump because Hughes is on a bit of a heater right now.

Am I doing these opportunistic Bumps right?
I see you're new at this, since Hughes hasn't given you this opportunity very often this seaosn.

But, the answer is yes.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He has 95 points and his team is in the playoffs.

What are you talking about?
Stutzle has been hotter than Hughes since this thread got bumped until now. I'm acknowledging that Hughes is hotter than Stutzle right now.

What has gotten into you?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stutzle has been hotter than Hughes since this thread got bumped until now. I'm acknowledging that Hughes is hotter than Stutzle right now.

What has gotten into you?

You’re saying Hughes hasn’t had a lot of opportunities for praise this season?

WTF?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

WTF?

You're saying I'm saying Hughes hasn’t had a lot of opportunities for praise this season? Are you having trouble reading?

Hughes is having a fantastic season. It's just a backhanded way of saying Stutzle has been hotter in the 2nd half of the season.

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005

WTF?
No I’m pretty sure he’s saying Hughes hasn‘t given much reason lately to bump this thread considering this thread is about a direct comparison to Stutzle. Subtle but distinct difference because Stutzle has been on fire for a while now. Doesn’t seem so outrageous. *Shrugs*

Reactions: swiftwin

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You're saying I'm saying Hughes hasn’t had a lot of opportunities for praise this season? Are you having trouble reading?

I’m not sure how else to interpret”haven’t had a lot of opportunities to bump the thread this season”.

No I’m pretty sure he’s saying Hughes’s hasn‘t given much reason lately to bump this thread considering this thread is about a direct comparison to Stutzle. Subtle but distinct difference because Stutzle has been on fire for a while now. Doesn’t seem so outrageous. *Shrugs*

Stutzle is on fire and still has fewer points and his team is worse.

Do you see how weird this flex is?

We are hopeful that he continues to follow Hughes’ trajectory.

That’s it.

He didn’t say “lately”, he said “this season”.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
No I’m pretty sure he’s saying Hughes hasn‘t given much reason lately to bump this thread considering this thread is about a direct comparison to Stutzle. Subtle but distinct difference because Stutzle has been on fire for a while now. Doesn’t seem so outrageous. *Shrugs*
Nailed it.

I’m not sure how else to interpret”haven’t had a lot of opportunities to bump the thread this season”.

Stutzle is on fire and still has fewer points and his team is worse.

Do you see how weird this flex is?

We are hopeful that he continues to follow Hughes’ trajectory.

That’s it.
Stutzle still has more points than Hughes since January 1st (this thread was first bumped in February), despite Stutzle's cold streak and Hughes' hot streak the last week or two. They are both elite players. Maybe log off to cool down if you can't take any banter?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stutzle still has more points than Hughes since January 1st (this thread was first bumped in February), despite Stutzle's cold streak and Hughes' hot streak the last week or two. They are both elite players. Maybe log off to cool down if you can't take any banter?

I guess they should have bumped it earlier?

Is that what you’re saying?

I don’t mind banter when it makes sense.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Nailed it.

Hughes got injured by Brady Tkachuk in the ASG and didn't recover until the end of the season.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Hughes got injured by Brady Tkachuk in the ASG and didn't recover until the end of the season.

Bit of a stretch to call that injured “by” Tkachuk.

Injured due to unfortunate fall or due to having questionable durability sure, Tkachuk didn’t have much to do with it.

Nor would he have interest in injuring his friend.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bit of a stretch to call that injured “by” Tkachuk.

Injured due to unfortunate fall or due to having questionable durability sure, Tkachuk didn’t have much to do with it.

Nor would he have interest in injuring his friend.

Did you see the incident? Tkachuk pulled him down. I never said he was trying to injure him, but he absolutely did injure him. To say Tkachuk didn't have much to do with it is pure fiction.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
this thread be like

stitch-cant-you.gif

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Did you see the incident? Tkachuk pulled him down. I never said he was trying to injure him, but he absolutely did injure him. To say Tkachuk didn't have much to do with it is pure fiction.

Of course I saw it. It was a nothing play that happens 100 times a game. If you get injured on one of those, it’s shit luck, but it’s not the other guy’s fault. “Pulled him down”, again is a bit much.

Pretty basic battle and Hughes went flying and lost his balance. Maybe it’s just semantics but I don’t see any ill intent on Tkachuk’s part there. He’s just trying to get position.

I might just getting to the grumpy old man stage in my life, but this reminds me of being annoyed at guys getting penalties for slashing a stick out of the hands. Sometimes there’s a blatant slash and sometimes the other guy needs to be aware and hold on to his stick, or in this case, keep your balance and stay on your feet.

Pretending it was some kind of intent to injure or cheap shot or that it should have been considered for discipline by DOPS like some were saying (not necessarily you, I don’t know what your take was then) at the time is what is pure fiction.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Of course I saw it. It was a nothing play that happens 100 times a game. If you get injured on one of those, it’s shit luck, but it’s not the other guy’s fault. “Pulled him down”, again is a bit much.

Pretty basic battle and Hughes went flying and lost his balance. Maybe it’s just semantics but I don’t see any ill intent on Tkachuk’s part there. He’s just trying to get position.

I might just getting to the grumpy old man stage in my life, but this reminds me of being annoyed at guys getting penalties for slashing a stick out of the hands. Sometimes there’s a blatant slash and sometimes the other guy needs to be aware and hold on to his stick, or in this case, keep your balance and stay on your feet.

Pretending it was some kind of intent to injure or cheap shot or that it should have been considered for discipline by DOPS like some were saying (not necessarily you, I don’t know what your take was then) at the time is what is pure fiction.

I never thought it was an intent to injure, I think he was just trying to mess around with his buddy. But it's pretty clearly not a hockey play, he grabbed him by the back of the collar with his free hand and pulled him backwards while Hughes was turning, and the puck was nowhere near them. 999 out of 1,000, that play doesn't result in an injury, but unfortunately Hughes wasn't expecting contact (it was an all star game, after all) and fell awkwardly.

I agree it's shit luck, but it doesn't mean it's not Tkachuk's fault. There was no need to do what he did, and if he had not done that, Hughes would not have been hurt.

Regardless, the whole point I was trying to make is that comparing their point totals from January onwards is a bit misleading.

Before ASG injury:
49gp 33g 64p +16

Next 6 weeks post injury:
18gp 4g 17p -9

This is a similar thing that I was arguing about people calling Eichel's season disappointing, as he played through an injury right around the same time Hughes did. But if you looked at his play while healthy, you could see how dominant (and important) he was for Vegas. The same is true of Hughes.

For the record, t's always been a tossup between these two for me. Before this year, I argued that Stutzle was going to end up just a hair better than Hughes. But with the way Hughes played before getting injured, and the way he was playing once he fully recovered, I now think he's got a slight advantage.

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad