Confirmed with Link: Goc to Blues for Lapierre

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens SAVE 100k against the cap with this deal.

Both players are UFAs at the end of this season

Prorated. Actual dollars are like 45K. That kind of money buys you almost 6 games of Craig Adams.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I wanted Lapierre when he was a UFA. Of course Shero would never sign a guy like him.

Farnham-Lapierre-Downie please.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Goc is better than his numbers show, I think he'll work out well in St.Louis. But with Goc's ouput being what it was, replacing him with Lapierre is basically a wash in that regard, with Lapierre being a rat and a quicker skater to boot. Lapierre, assuming he plays his game, is probably a better fit for 4C on this team.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Prorated. Actual dollars are like 45K. That kind of money buys you almost 6 games of Craig Adams.

I'm just trying to point out all the vitals. I don't get/like this move at all. Trying to look at it from every angle.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I like it. A little tougher element to the fourth line.

Not Earth shattering but a good move.

Agreed.

I guess the Pens just didn't like having two marshmallow soft centers anchoring their bottom 6 and Sutter isn't going anywhere and even if he does Spaling is basically the same type of player Sutter is. This at least gives them one tough bottom 6 center.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I imagine Goc may have asked for a trade after being healthy scratched the other night.

We haven't given the guy a good opportunity here, or even given him minutes with bonafide NHL guys. Instead he's been dragging around anchors since getting here.

Lapierre doesn't have the upside of Goc but he's a PITA to play against, which is everything the Penguins are not. He'll add some - dare I say it - pugnacity to our forward group.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't know how Lap is playing nowdays, as I haven't seen him for awhile, but he was a ***** to play against a few years ago. Goc would have been a nice 4th liner to go w/ Lap. I don't know why teh **** we are holding on to Sill/Adams. Get rid of those guys before getting rid of Goc.

I really don't think there is a team in this league that wants 35 y/o PK Adams. Sill they may take a chance on.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I like the trade, pens are a little tougher to play against with Lapierre instead of Goc.

I don't think JR is done making trades, he knows he needs a better bottom 6, i'd expect JR to add another bottom 6 forward before the trade deadline.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I like it...but I also hate it....

We got a ********* of a player back and I love that. But we lost a guy who stuck with Adams and Sill....**** this is a tough one

penguins2946*

Yes, we'll bring in a fast and good on the draw 4C for a fast and good on the draw 4C. Great logic Dreger.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Didn't Goc get healthy scratched a few games ago. I don't think he's fit in that well here. Only two goals in 64 games as a Penguin. I wonder if he went to the Pens and asked to be moved or if the Pens saw the Rinaldo incident and wanted to get tougher. I guess it could be a combination of both.

This.

**** Goc. Lapierre will make the Pens a tad more annoying to play against, he's tougher than Goc and will fit nicely in the Pens squad.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This.

**** Goc. Lapierre will make the Pens a tad more annoying to play against, he's tougher than Goc and will fit nicely in the Pens squad.

This is the second time you've said **** Goc. I don't think your outlook on life is healthy.

Michael8771*

I imagine Goc may have asked for a trade after being healthy scratched the other night.

We haven't given the guy a good opportunity here, or even given him minutes with bonafide NHL guys. Instead he's been dragging around anchors since getting here.

Lapierre doesn't have the upside of Goc but he's a PITA to play against, which is everything the Penguins are not. He'll add some - dare I say it - pugnacity to our forward group.
Very well reasoned post. I concur sir.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm just trying to point out all the vitals. I don't get/like this move at all. Trying to look at it from every angle.

Fine, here you go.

Germany took over Czechoslovakia before WWII.

Pens are interested in Jagr. Jagr old enough to remember the invasion. Ergo, the Pens must move the Germans.

First, Klink, an honorary German, is traded.

Now, Goc. Can Ehrhoff and Greiss be far behind, or the Pens acquisition of Jagr far behind that?

Again, what is JR doing.

Good to know the organization let JR blow a few hundred thousand Burkle bucks to hire Peter's kid to run analytics. :laugh:

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
Board *****es about being tougher to play against physically

Penguins get an ass who is tough to play against (and was even a playoff asset for the Canucks a few seasons ago)

Board *****es

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad