Confirmed with Link: Goc to Blues for Lapierre

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Not a better player but probably a better fit. At the end of the day its a 4th line trade but at least they are trying to identify some areas of weakness. JR hasn't really let us down yet.

LucSZ

Aug 10, 2014
Uh no. UNDO UNDO!

wtf

Goc > your other 4th line centers... he plays with Adams & Sill! And they're safe. Obviously.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Being a good penalty killer apparently only makes Craig Adams untouchable. Don't like this at all. Lapierre is a little bigger and tougher but a worse hockey player. The 4th line will be a massive liability again.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I mean Goc is best suited as a third line guy and frankly he is never getting there with this team. Sutter and spaling would play there ahead of him

Fraction Jackson

Mar 1, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I kind of like this. Lapierre is good at all the things Goc is good at, but with extra physicality and annoyance factor.

I mean, imagine a Farnham-Lapierre-Downie 4th line...now THAT is a playoff 4th line.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I don't like this. Goc allows us to move Sutter into a 2C position in a tough playoff spot so we can run Sid with Geno and still come back with a 2nd line that is a threat to score. Lapierre won't give us that ability. I don't like this trade.

penguins2946*

Don't like this deal, don't like it at all. Does it save us any cap space?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens SAVE 100k against the cap with this deal.

Both players are UFAs at the end of this season

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lapierre is 54.9% on the draws and has 48 hits in 45 games.

edit:

2 goals and 7 assists, as well

Also, I think Adams will mesh better with Lapierre.

EDIT: Klink for Perron. Goc for Lapierre. Got to think deals of Ehrhoff for a Frenchie for D and Greiss for another Frenchie for are pending.

Michael8771*

I was thinking the same thing! I can't remember the last time I watched him play, feels like years for some reason.
I think it's a decent deal. I'm not doing cartwheels but it's a trade that doesn't bother me at all.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I kind of like this. Lapierre is good at all the things Goc is good at, but with extra physicality and annoyance factor.

I mean, imagine a Farnham-Lapierre-Downie 4th line...now THAT is a playoff 4th line.

when will people ever learn? we'll die with Adams on the fourth line...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Lapierre is 54.9% on the draws and has 48 hits in 45 games.

edit:

2 goals and 7 assists, as well

Dreadful -15 corsi though versus 0 for Goc.

Lapierre is a definite agitator though so that could be nice.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know how Lap is playing nowdays, as I haven't seen him for awhile, but he was a ***** to play against a few years ago. Goc would have been a nice 4th liner to go w/ Lap. I don't know why teh **** we are holding on to Sill/Adams. Get rid of those guys before getting rid of Goc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad