Post-Game Talk: Gobble gobble

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Horrible season start and at Thanksgiving.... we are at the playoff spot. !

Blashill's adjustment period should be kind of over, almost full healthy roster now, good possession hockey is back and can't wait anything more than taking the 2nd seed at Atlantic.

I think Detroit will either make a wild card spot or fallout. Tampa has underachieved and Boston was underrated going into the season. So depending how the Metro division shakes out Detroit could easily end the season on the outside looking in, especially if the old end of December injury bug bites.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think Detroit will either make a wild card spot or fallout. Tampa has underachieved and Boston was underrated going into the season. So depending how the Metro division shakes out Detroit could easily end the season on the outside looking in, especially if the old end of December injury bug bites.

Boston hasn't looked very good from what I have seen.

Right now nobody is really proving they absolutely deserve one of the last two division spots. Ottawa has picked up but I doubt they will keep it up. The Atlantic is much weaker this year.

Actual Thought*

Horrible season start and at Thanksgiving.... we are at the playoff spot. !

Blashill's adjustment period should be kind of over, almost full healthy roster now, good possession hockey is back and can't wait anything more than taking the 2nd seed at Atlantic.

They are hanging by a thread. If they don't start stacking up some wins they could be out very quickly. One step forward and two steps back all the time isn't good enough.

Actual Thought*

The schedule coming up has a bunch of crappy teams that the Wings can't seem to beat as well. Edmonton, Fla, Buffalo, and Phoenix. This could be a bad stretch for the Wings given their performance against bad teams so far this year.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Don't think so either (that they look especially good). Their advantage is simply how well they match up to us. Of all things it has to be them do so, too bad.
Even in games like yesterday they find a way to steal those two points - component of luck aside...

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Yeah, I think it is safe to say now, looking back, that 1st Kenny gave up to get KFQ was a well spent draft pick. He's been very underrated on the team and it shows.

The pick that was given away for Quincey was Vasilevsky. Arguably the best goalie prospect in the league, higher rated than Mrazek.

Make the best of a bad situation though, Q has played well for stretches.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The pick that was given away for Quincey was Vasilevsky. Arguably the best goalie prospect in the league, higher rated than Mrazek.

In addition to that, Quincey has been terrible for most of his tenure here. Could have drafted Maata or Laughton or someone. Terrible trade.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Would Detroit even picked him with that pick?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
In addition to that, Quincey has been terrible for most of his tenure here. Could have drafted Maata or Laughton or someone. Terrible trade.

Nah, you can't cherry pick like that. I'm by no means a Quincey fan, but saying we traded away a draft pick and choosing the best possible outcomes as the reason why it's bad isn't the best way to argue against it. We could've just as easily picked someone who never plays a game in the NHL.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Goalies are a crap shoot. Not sure Kenny would have picked him.

Love these "could have" comments!!!!

Red Wings could have drafted Milan Lucic instead of Cory Emmerton. Red Wings could have drafted P.K. Subban instead of Brendan Smith. :laugh:

Facts remain the same, Red Wings are missing KFQ right now.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
There was a stick right beside him. He spent 3 seconds moving it to the crease while the puck was at the other end.

Who cares lol

i thought it was funny. but darren elliot made a good point in the intermission about mrazek not being focused and pointed to that incident being an example. Should have been focusing on the play, not worrying about the stick.

the entire game it looked like mraek wasn't himself and the lack of focus makes sense

They are hanging by a thread. If they don't start stacking up some wins they could be out very quickly. One step forward and two steps back all the time isn't good enough.

yea just like you said a few weeks back that the playoffs were going to be far out of reach by thanksgiving :laugh:

last night was their best game of the season and they have steadily gotten better over the last month and the possession numbers prove it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The schedule coming up has a bunch of crappy teams that the Wings can't seem to beat as well. Edmonton, Fla, Buffalo, and Phoenix. This could be a bad stretch for the Wings given their performance against bad teams so far this year.

Buffalo can't beat us. We can't beat florida. Arizona is 50/50 but favoring us. We should beat Edmonton they don't have connor

Lol this mrazek and the stick thing is ridiculous

Actual Thought*

i thought it was funny. but darren elliot made a good point in the intermission about mrazek not being focused and pointed to that incident being an example. Should have been focusing on the play, not worrying about the stick.

the entire game it looked like mraek wasn't himself and the lack of focus makes sense

yea just like you said a few weeks back that the playoffs were going to be far out of reach by thanksgiving :laugh:

last night was their best game of the season and they have steadily gotten better over the last month and the possession numbers prove it.
They are clinging to the last wild card spot by less than a point. Boy I was way off. I guess you knew all along that their goaltending would prop them up enough to hold the tie breaker that separates them from being on the outside looking in. I think it might be a little early to celebrate their clinch. They are one pulled groin from a lottery pick.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
They are clinging to the last wild card spot by less than a point. Boy I was way off. I guess you knew all along that their goaltending would prop them up enough to hold the tie breaker that separates them from being on the outside looking in. I think it might be a little early to celebrate their clinch. They are one pulled groin from a lottery pick.

The same way it was a bit early to celebrate their demise eh?

Actual Thought*

The same way it was a bit early to celebrate their demise eh?

I am not so concerned with being right that I would cheer for my team to lose. That's just childish. It bums me out that they are underachieving to such a great degree. If they aren't playing well as a unit no deadline deal or trade of any kind will fix them. I don't like having so little confidence that they will be successful but that is the situation they are in.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I am not so concerned with being right that I would cheer for my team to lose. That's just childish. It bums me out that they are underachieving to such a great degree. If they aren't playing well as a unit no deadline deal or trade of any kind will fix them. I don't like having so little confidence that they will be successful but that is the situation they are in.

I asked you this the last time you brought up the Wings underachieving this season but you must have missed it. This season's record up to this point is virtually identical from last year (and when I say virtually, I actually mean identical 11 wins to 11 wins), so I really don't get the concern if you were satisfied with the same results last year under Babcock.

Actual Thought*

I asked you this the last time you brought up the Wings underachieving this season but you must have missed it. This season's record up to this point is virtually identical from last year (and when I say virtually, I actually mean identical 11 wins to 11 wins), so I really don't get the concern if you were satisfied with the same results last year under Babcock.
Last year They weren't so sloppy and dependent on the goalies. They also didn't have Larkin, Green, or Richards. They weren't using Kindl so much. They played quicker and more crisp. Some of the young players should have been better having more experience. So far the team has regressed to a significant degree and nothing I hear from Blashill leads me to believe he has a clue.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Complaining for the sake of complaining, based on a personal bias. Simple as that. He's gone too far to change his position. And as he isn't delivering any convincing argumentation, you're better off saving your energy. That's not to say that Blashill is free of criticism, but his bias is way too obvious.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Last year They weren't so sloppy and dependent on the goalies. They also didn't have Larkin, Green, or Richards. They weren't using Kindl so much. They played quicker and more crisp. Some of the young players should have been better having more experience. So far the team has regressed to a significant degree and nothing I hear from Blashill leads me to believe he has a clue.

Yet we're in the same position as last year and the team has started to play better. This team will do exactly the same as last year and lose in the first round because of personnel.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wings could have drafted a dog on skates and I would have rather had that over Quincey. It's the principal of the matter, spending resources on talent that doesn't move the needle one way or another is dumb and pointless.

Actual Thought*

Yet we're in the same position as last year and the team has started to play better. This team will do exactly the same as last year and lose in the first round because of personnel.

I agree if they make it in that they will get pummeled. I expect the difference will be that they aren't at all competitive but it won't be because of personnel. Would Larkin have made a difference last year vs Tampa in a one shot series? Would Green or Richards or Pulks? I would say probably.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
We were 12-5-5 after 22 games last year which would have put us 2nd in the Atlantic this year (ahead of Ottawa thanks to ROWs). However, for the new players, Richards was awful before his injury and has only been good for like two games and we missed Green for a while as well. Then of course there's Datsyuk...

Considering we clearly had problems adjusting to the new coach and have been playing a lot better lately I think we're doing alright considering the circumstances. Things will get better from here on out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad