Post-Game Talk: GOATvechkin Vs McJesus @ 9:30

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope they got their wake-up call in that Rangers -game, just like they did last year when Sharks rolled over them early in the season.

6-3 Capitals.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I hope they got their wake-up call in that Rangers -game, just like they did last year when Sharks rolled over them early in the season.

6-3 Capitals.

I'm hoping they have a game like that every so often instead of getting so far ahead they go into "cruise control" after a winter storm. I don't want to hear any ******** like that again this year.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No sighting of Edmonton trade proposals on the main boards. It's been a while for that to be the case. Caps win tonight should change that.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
wait what?!?!?! Oilers have played one playoff team so far. Caps have played all but one. Of course after years of being a doormat, its not hard to see why they would be excited at finally winning some games.

Except very few Oiler fans agree with this guy. Tychkowski is always overly optimistic and writes for what is essentially a C-list newspaper (Edmonton Sun) in Edmonton. In fact, most of the media guys that cover the Oilers seem to have somewhat lost touch of reality over the last little while.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Caps will need to recognize that this isn't the Oiler team they faced this time last year. They've had a few days to rest and practice after the unforced error-fest vs. NYR, so no excuses. 5-4 Caps in OT.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Except very few Oiler fans agree with this guy. Tychkowski is always overly optimistic and writes for what is essentially a C-list newspaper (Edmonton Sun) in Edmonton. In fact, most of the media guys that cover the Oilers seem to have somewhat lost touch of reality over the last little while.

Most of the realistic Oiler fans are cautiously optimistic but recognize things can go sideways quickly.

Caps will need to recognize that this isn't the Oiler team they faced this time last year. They've had a few days to rest and practice after the unforced error-fest vs. NYR, so no excuses. 5-4 Caps in OT.

The Oilers are finally headed in the right direction. Now, I don't expect them to stay on top of the standings for long but they will be in the hunt for the playoffs. This isn't the Oilers team that we easily scored 7 goals against a year ago.

The Oilers are basically the 2008 Caps. Led by a bunch of young offensive superstars, but lacking maturity. The Oilers can be very dangerous, just a few mistakes defensively and lack of discipline and they have the firepower to make us pay.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
West coast road trip; relatively late starting time (7:30 in Edmonton). Good time for adult beverage Locker to make his season debut. His TV personality inspiration and mentor below:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
McRaptor Jesus

tumblr_lih4vwSBEg1qzaxefo1_250.gif

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

the heck is this?

LMAO at least we got intangibles. I'm actually super excited about this game which wasn't the case before. Will be interesting to see how we do against this young talent. Same with Toronto. It's always good when new talent comes to the league and helps bad teams. Now these two teams are very exciting, good for their fans and the league in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad