Value of: Goaltender to Colorado

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Grubs has had some of the most offensive help of any goalie, hence why his overall record for wins is so strong even while his play has not been. Its looking like his number were more a product of a good WSH team and system rather than his own talent.

Maybe, he doesn't work well with his new goaltending coach? He was legitimately good while Holtby was legitimately bad all on the same exact team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Grubauer had some pretty damn good games and some atrocious ones. The problem is that when he looks off, he is a sure bet for 5 goals against with how he's playing lately. I'm not ready to give up on him now, but Francouz needs to be given time in the net. I know I would jettison Varlamov and run with Grubauer and Francouz the rest of the year. We know what we have in Varlamov, an injury prone inconsistent goalie who looks like Roy 2.0 for a month at a time and then like Aebischer the next. Same story this season, first 8 games he was unbeatable, after that he looks like an absolute trainwreck. Skaters aren't helping much though, they are playing lackadaisical hockey and just blow defensive coverages left and right.

Getting someone right now, and paying an inflated trade deadline price makes no sense. See how those two can handle the load, and then make a move in summer if they falter.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m pissed about our goaltending recently too, but the absolute worst guys in the league aren’t this bad consistently. We’re at rock bottom and they’ll bounce back. It wouldn’t be smart to trade away what very little depth we had to try to fix it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I’m pissed about our goaltending recently too, but the absolute worst guys in the league aren’t this bad consistently. We’re at rock bottom and they’ll bounce back. It wouldn’t be smart to trade away what very little depth we had to try to fix it.

This is why it should be an offseason move. Once Varly goes than I could absolutely see Colorado bring someone in. Although they maybe better chasing Lehner

Reactions: MacBradley

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
A bag of Pucks will get you Scott Darling and the Canes will eat half the contract

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
It's hard to get good goaltending when you give up as many high end chances as the Avs do. Barrie is pretty much a 4th forward and Girard is smaller than my 15 year old nephew. Varly's Vezina calibre play hid a lot of the defensive warts that Colorado has. This coupled with a lack of scoring depth makes them look very similar to Edmonton :D

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe, he doesn't work well with his new goaltending coach? He was legitimately good while Holtby was legitimately bad all on the same exact team.
He’s had a bad last 9 months from losing the Caps starting role in the playoffs and watching Holtby win the Cup to seemingly blowing his chance at a starting job in Colorado who want him to be their guy since Varly is coming off the books at the end of the season.

Reactions: MacBradley

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think there's a compelling deal to be made for Lundqvist, be he has a NMC and has already said he's not going anywhere.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
As long as one of those 2 wasn't Girard. He's a great puck moving D-man and he's only 20.

well whomever posted that offer had Colorado's 1st, Jost and Girard

So based on your response would you be good with the 1st, Jost and a 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad