Speculation: Goalies potentially being waived?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It seems like the Leafs are going to try and trade their guys first though. If that fails, they may do a waive and trade like Pickard last year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think the Flames should offer a 7th for Pickard

Honestly if it was a 6th and like Rittich, I am sure the Leafs would take it no doubt. At least the Leafs break even and have a guy who can be a decent #3 (allowing them to trade another goalie maybe) while Calgary would not have too many goalies in the minors then (Gilles + Parsons, Schneider, McDonald already). Maybe the pick bumps up another round if Pickard plays like 25+ games or something.

I also thought that Carrick could be worked in so you have someone better than Prout as your 7th defenseman. But that is not necessary IMO. We could probably find a few takers for Carrick separately so it's not necessary unless you'd want him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Honestly if it was a 6th and like Rittich, I am sure the Leafs would take it no doubt. At least the Leafs broke even then and have a guy who they can stash in the minors, while Calgary would have too many goalies and wouldn't need to take extra contracts.

I also thought that Carrick could be worked in so you have someone better than Prout as your 7th defenseman. But that is not necessary IMO. We could probably find a few takers for Carrick separately.

Yeah Rittich isn’t bad and could definitely be one of those guys who figures it all out. But we already would have Parsons/Gillies/Smith and 5 goalies at the pro level is no good. That would work for sure IMO.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leafs didn't waive any of their 3 backup options, if not by tomorrow then there's either a trade/keeping 3 goalies.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
With Darling hurt, and Neuvirth set to miss a few games at least (what else is new with that player) it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of Carolina and Philadelphia either makes a claim or trade for a goalie.

Reactions: iSophagus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad