Speculation: Goalies potentially being waived?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone half decent going to be out through waivers?

I know there is Sparks and Pickard. Anyone else out there?
It seems like two of Sparks, Pickard and McElhinney are going to be waived (there is no way they will be carrying 4 goalies!). Given how vulnerable certain teams are in net right now, I would be suprised if at least one of the two didn't get claimed.
With Darling hurt, and Neuvirth set to miss a few games at least (what else is new with that player) it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of Carolina and Philadelphia either makes a claim or trade for a goalie.
I would also put Chicago in that list since Crawford is out. I frankly see either Pickard or Sparks being an upgrade over all their current (healthy) options.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With Darling hurt, and Neuvirth set to miss a few games at least (what else is new with that player) it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of Carolina and Philadelphia either makes a claim or trade for a goalie.

The flyers have a pair of not quite ready for prime time goalies they're probably going to look at before acquiring anyone. Stolarz is currently the backup and looks ok coming off a lost year last year. Could be a risk to lose him to a team with an established starter. Lyon is currently injured with approximately the same timetable as neuvy. He sorta missed his chance to win the backup job which i think he had a real shot at coming off a very good ahl playoff and a cup of coffee last year. While neither are goalie of the future types either could be seen as free assets to a team in need

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
question about the cba - if a waived goalie clears the wire process and they decided to trade him a few days later --does the team aquiring him also have to waive him if the want him in minors ?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
question about the cba - if a waived goalie clears the wire process and they decided to trade him a few days later --does the team aquiring him also have to waive him if the want him in minors ?

No and I know that because the Leafs did it with Pickard. The Leafs acquired him after clearing waivers and because of that they had 30 days to send him down without waiving him again

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
A bunch of goalies on waivers, and Calgary doesn't claim one? Are they content with what they have?

I thought they would claim Pickard for sure. I wonder if they put in a claim on McElhinney, and not Pickard, thinking they didn't want both. Only to lose to Carolina's higher priority, and then watch another guy sail past to Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->