Goalies as Billboards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Personally I think this is great. I do not know about others but I have real trouble telling goaltenders apart from the other players. :biglaugh:

acr*

Wetcoaster said:
Personally I think this is great. I do not know about others but I have real trouble telling goaltenders apart from the other players. :biglaugh:

I hear you, ever since they went to helmets you can't tell any individuality. If I see someone with a huge McDonald's logo on their chest and a bright red+yellow jersey, I'd be like "That's Ed Belfour!"

No more confusion :joker:

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
Unfortunatley, advertising on jerseys have already been implemented in the NHL. :(

ad.jpg

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
i dont see any problem with it. its the players and owners platform to generate revenue for their business.

if enough people dont like it and stop spending money, they will drop it. if it makes them more money, than mission accomplished.

i thought the NHL was a business ? whats the problem with a business making money from all legal sources as possible ?

dr

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
DR said:
i dont see any problem with it. its the players and owners platform to generate revenue for their business.

if enough people dont like it and stop spending money, they will drop it. if it makes them more money, than mission accomplished.

i thought the NHL was a business ? whats the problem with a business making money from all legal sources as possible ?

dr

Agreed this is a buisness, there are probably much better ways than this to market the game and make some cash. Growing up a hockey fanatic has turned me off to many new ideas the league has to change the game. I went nuts when they changed the crease. Now they want blue ice and stupid jerseys, honestly when did this sport become soccer. The new rule changes are enough for me, I don't need to see goalies with fruity colours draped over him. Call me old fashioned I guess.. :banghead:

GSC2k2*

Ovechkin8 said:
Agreed this is a buisness, there are probably much better ways than this to market the game and make some cash. Growing up a hockey fanatic has turned me off to many new ideas the league has to change the game. I went nuts when they changed the crease. Now they want blue ice and stupid jerseys, honestly when did this sport become soccer. The new rule changes are enough for me, I don't need to see goalies with fruity colours draped over him. Call me old fashioned I guess.. :banghead:
How about we call you a dinosaur instead?

I have to laugh. Based on the posts in this thread (and others), it is a miracle goalies wear masks. Hockey fans are the most resistant fans to the most minute change of any sport.

And, yes, that is a bad thing.

GSC2k2*

Hedberg said:
I guess Bettman doesn't realize that is the reason they do it in soccer.
No, the reason they do it in soccer is to make money.

chiavsfan

If the NHL doesn't make money this year...or in the next few years, the players are going to be hurt further. While this idea isn't the greatest...it is one of the easiest, and I don't see many fans staying away from the rink just because the goalie is wearing a different color.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Why just goalies?

(Pictures Hull with a Huge "Eat at Joe's Logo on back"... Sweeeet...)

:D

Wetcoaster

gscarpenter2002 said:
How about we call you a dinosaur instead?

I have to laugh. Based on the posts in this thread (and others), it is a miracle goalies wear masks. Hockey fans are the most resistant fans to the most minute change of any sport.

My face is my mask - Gump Worsley.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I actually don't think this is a bad idea at all. It's a way to generate revenue for teams/players/the NHL without changing the game at all. What do we give up? Some space on the goalie's jersey? Even if the entire jersey was dedicated to ad space and the color scheme was almost completely different from the rest of his team, it still doesn't change anything. We know who the goalie is and what team he's on... just like in soccer. I'm not a big soccer fan, but I do notice that the netminder wears a different color jersey, and everyone still knows what team he's on.

As long as the advertising is restricted to just the goalies, I think that this is a pretty good idea.

Maken*

gscarpenter2002 said:

Advertising is ruining this world, get your head out of the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad