Speculation: Goalie to TB

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
With Vassy out for an undetermined amount of time what are the chances that TB brings in a low cost Veteran Goalie to pair with LD?

Who is available?

Teams like Chicago and Carolina have more than 2 capable NHL goalies (of varying quality of course) would any be available? What price?

Would TB knock on the door of a team like Philly for one of their many goalies like Stolarz or Lyon to get them by for now and to protect themselves going forward in the event something like this happened again?

So again, the purpose of this thread is, does TB need to find a more capable goalie to pair with Domingue while they wait on Vassy and if so who would be a good fit?

Discuss

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
I was thinking along the lines of a Curtis McElhinney, Anton Forsberg, Eddie Lack, Richard Bachman...

Someone cheap like those options...maybe forsberg doesn’t quite fit with that group but the hawks may want help elsewhere since they can’t use him

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sounds like early estimate is 3-4 weeks. We just need to go .500 over that time hopefully. I don't see Brisebois making a move at all.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't really see them making a move. Seen a 3-4 week timeframe. Even if you go a bit longer, I don't see it being worth it unless you can get a clear Domingue upgrade for a late pick.

Domingue isn't the best option to carry a starters workload, IMO, but TB will be able to score enough goals in general on a regular basis to balance out shaky goaltending.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If I was Tampa, I'd ride it out til Vassy recovers. I'd get a cheap backup on an expiring contract to fill in for the month because I've lost faith in Domingue but I wouldn't pay more than a late pick for it.

Al Montoya is buried in the minors, he could be gotten for a 5th and losing him on waivers in a month wouldn't hurt much.

Reactions: Critical91

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Dom will be fine. Team will be fine. Unless it ends up being a longer-term thing (right now it doesn't seem like it), there is no need to rush anything.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If I were TB, I would be scouring the market for a back-up goalie somewhere. Look no further than LA where they had a couple of injuries in succession and where they are now. For a team with serious playoff aspirations, I would look to be bringing in a veteran or proven AHL goalie just in case. The cost will be minimal, probably an AHL vet or older prospect who is blocked.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Wait a week, someone is bound to get waived. Of course, you probably will have to wait for the one after that as LA has worse luck than you so far in net.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
A stop-gap that may come pretty cheap is Steve Mason. Not really a #1 anymore, but he is capable of winning a few and can look pretty good behind a good team.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
A stop-gap that may come pretty cheap is Steve Mason. Not really a #1 anymore, but he is capable of winning a few and can look pretty good behind a good team.

He's reportedly considering retirement because of injuries.

I can't see him signing in Tampa to be the backup for a month.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Tampa has no need to push the panic button right now. There are still three capable goalies in the system who deserve a shot before the organization makes a knee jerk move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad