Injury Report: Goalie Situation (Also some light film talk)

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
And the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!
BJS.JPG

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So what are you implying here exactly? What am I missing that has you all weirded out?

He is saying their is a diabolical plot by the Detroit Red Wings against only Alex Lyon. They have a plan to stop him no matter what he does!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Dude yes and Warren Ellis. *chef kiss*

Apparently there's an even longer cut of this film that never saw the light of day. And besides the Wings goaltending injuries, to me that's the real tragedy here.
Alright bench. As someone who has never heard of this movie, give me a reason to watch it this weekend. Let's do this! Make me feel it!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alright bench. As someone who has never heard of this movie, give me a reason to watch it this weekend. Let's do this! Make me feel it!

It's a slow burn character drama set in the days of outlaws. I think Brad Pitt is usually pretty good, but he was born for this role. One of the most beautiful movies you'll ever see, as well. Cinematography by legend Roger Deakins. The train robbery scene alone is worth the price of admission.

If you have even a passing interest in Westerns, it's a must watch.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's a slow burn character drama set in the days of outlaws. I think Brad Pitt is usually pretty good, but he was born for this role. One of the most beautiful movies you'll ever see, as well. Cinematography by legend Roger Deakins. The train robbery scene alone is worth the price of admission.

If you have even a passing interest in Westerns, it's a must watch.
I second everything said here, along with a fantastic score and what is probably Casey Affleck's best performance.

Reactions: Bench

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
What I'm more confused about is why even sign hutch? Why not call up cossa for a couple games until Lyon is back? Give him a 1 or 2 game cup of coffee while he's here

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Have you guys watched The Proposition? It's an Australian western, screenplay written by Nick Cave, who also did the music with Warren Ellis. It's what got them the gig on Assassination, highly recommend it.

Reactions: Bench

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I'm implying that it's weird that there is a massive difference in what the player and the coach are saying about the player's health and availability.

Got scared turns out I'm good to go.
Vs
He's not back til after the break.
I don't know about that but, to aid your case, I'll say that it's quite strange they somehow decided to wait until game #17 (I believe) to give him a start when it was clear the 2 other goalies weren't getting the job done. It was clear he should have had a chance way earlier in the season after his performances. I don't think there's any conspiracy or anything but I dislike the way they treated Lyon, and now Berggren.

Reactions: norrisnick

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
LOL. Should've waived Reimer.
In terms of performance, you're not wrong. Hutchinson doesn't exactly have a great body of work in the NHL, but Reimer has been abysmal through his last few seasons.

Then again, if you want to give Cossa a good mentor, who would you give him? In my mind, that person would also be Hutchinson.

Reactions: jkutswings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
In terms of performance, you're not wrong. Hutchinson doesn't exactly have a great body of work in the NHL, but Reimer has been abysmal through his last few seasons.

Then again, if you want to give Cossa a good mentor, who would you give him? In my mind, that person would also be Hutchinson.
Cossa has a goalie coach. Send Reimer down and give Cossa more starts.

Hutch plays with solid fundamentals, even if his reaction time and athleticism isn't the best. Reimer is washed up, this will be his last season in the NHL.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Cossa has a goalie coach. Send Reimer down and give Cossa more starts.

Hutch plays with solid fundamentals, even if his reaction time and athleticism isn't the best. Reimer is washed up, this will be his last season in the NHL.
Cossa has a goalie coach, but a coach isn't always a mentor.

But with that said, we agree that Reimer is well past his expiration date.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ilya Samsonov is on waivers.

Think we should try him.

Not expensive contract

Can't be worse than our currwnt goalies.

Red Wings goalie coach Alex Westlund has formely worked with him

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Ilya Samsonov is on waivers.

Think we should try him.

Not expensive contract

Can't be worse than our currwnt goalies.

Red Wings goalie coach Alex Westlund has formely worked with him
Please no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad