Injury Report: Goalie Situation (Also some light film talk)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Did he? Per Lyon he got scared mid game and was freaking out until he saw the Philly doctors late in the game. He feels fine and wants to go.

Questions arise because it took a back to back and a goalie leaving the continent to get his first game a month and a half into the season and now he says he feels fine, but coach says he's out til after the break. Why the disconnect there?

I don't know about this conspiracy, I'm just quoting what NHL.com said today from Lalonde.

Ville Husso is out week to week and Alex Lyon will be sidelined until after the holiday break, Detroit Red Wings coach Derek Lalonde said Tuesday.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Obviously we had no way of knowing when the waiver window closed but it would of been helpful to get raanta. He isn't having the best season but if they are willing to waive him then they'd probably take a 6th or 7th rounder now. He could come off the bench wanting to prove himself or continue to feel down about himself (they said he was in the locker room sitting in his chair distraught or something when the news came down).

Then again, maybe hutchinson will just be good enough to get us through it 🤷‍♂️

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
So what are you implying here exactly? What am I missing that has you all weirded out?
Yeah all I'm getting from it is it sounds like when the injury first happened Lyon was afraid it was much worse but after talking to doctors he realized it wasn't and hopes to be back soon.

I'm guessing the "I don't know how much I can say" has to do with the NHL's stupid "lower body injury" stuff since teams like to keep injuries such a mystery.

Reactions: Bench

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Julie “The Cat” Gaffney was awesome in that movie. Goldberg and Sam Rockwell too.
"Samuel L. Bronkowitz presents: Red Wings' Goalies in Trouble!

You will sweat in your jock as you watch Johnny J. Nobody and Thatguy Someone Waived in their classic roles!"

Reactions: jaster

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So what are you implying here exactly? What am I missing that has you all weirded out?
I'm implying that it's weird that there is a massive difference in what the player and the coach are saying about the player's health and availability.

Got scared turns out I'm good to go.
Vs
He's not back til after the break.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm implying that it's weird that there is a massive difference in what the player and the coach are saying about the player's health and availability.

Vs

You're reading way too into this. Lyon was just excited he avoided major injury and is only looking at a short rest. That's it.

What else could possibly be happening you think this is some kind of subversion by Lalonde? What would be the motivation?

Are we so bored we're looking for intrigue and conspiracy in every stupid thing.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Vs
At no point does he say he's good to go. He said "what I'm hoping is pretty soon".

The difference is your interpretation vs what he actually said.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You're reading way too into this. Lyon was just excited he avoided major injury and is only looking at a short rest. That's it.

What else could possibly be happening you think this is some kind of subversion by Lalonde? What would be the motivation?

Are we so bored we're looking for intrigue and conspiracy in every stupid thing.
I think it's more a case you're bored and spoiling for some sort of spat here.

The first information about Lyon after the game that came out is Lyon's own comments followed immediately by Coach talking about possible IR and being unavailable.

The disparity is weird. I said it was weird. And pointed out how and why it was weird. You seem to want to make a thing of it. Knock yourself out, I guess.

I can make some shit up if you want something to argue against?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think it's more a case you're bored and spoiling for some sort of spat here.

The first information about Lyon after the game that came out is Lyon's own comments followed immediately by Coach talking about possible IR and being unavailable.

The disparity is weird. I said it was weird. And pointed out how and why it was weird. You seem to want to make a thing of it. Knock yourself out, I guess.

I can make some shit up if you want something to argue against?

Dude if you don't have anything to say about Andrew Dominik's masterpiece then you're not really doing much good here.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Dude if you don't have anything to say about Andrew Dominik's masterpiece then you're not really doing much good here.
I'm vaguely aware of watching it once. Maybe?

Strong "notice me, senpai" vibes for a while.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
"Samuel L. Bronkowitz presents: Red Wings' Goalies in Trouble!

You will sweat in your jock as you watch Johnny J. Nobody and Thatguy Someone Waived in their classic roles!"
And the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad