OT: Goal Song

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's an old song, but I had a feeling that "tick tick boom" by the hives would become a mainstream anthem for alot of sports teams, but I guess it never really caught on. I still think it works today, for what it's worth.

Reactions: DavePeak

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Those words stink of cancel culture to me, in 2020 it's all about not upsetting anyone and I know your post is focused on local artists but I just cringe at all the criticism whatever goal song we choose will get, no matter what it is. Sorry peate, short rant over. :laugh:

I was thinking more about not making it a language issue, but I get your point. Maybe they can get the players to choose it.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I was going to post exactly this. Only difference it that I think Ken Shamrock’s theme should be for when the players hop on the ice instead of a goal song.

This entrance is perfect IMO.
Or for when they go crazy, suplex someone to the ice and put them in an ankle lock.

But I guess that only happens 2-3 times a season.

Reactions: Roadhouse

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

The goal songs of the last 20+ years (taken from the description):
  • 1998-2000----- 0:00 ----- Gary "What's In My Milk" Glitter - Rock & Roll Part 2 (Cover)
  • 2000-2005----- 1:15 ----- L'Oreille - Goal Song
  • 2005-2008----- 3:00 ----- U2 - Vertigo
  • 2008-2009----- 4:53 ----- Simple Plan - Generation
  • 2009-2011----- 5:59 ----- U2 - Vertigo
  • 2011-2012----- 7:52 ----- L'Oreille - Goal Song (2012 Remix)
  • 2012-2017----- 9:00 ----- Loco Locass - Le But
  • Since 2017------ 10:54 -----Antoine Becks - Hey
Thoughts:
  • The first one is a classic that I wouldn't mind coming back, completely forgot Montreal used it! Very old school though, and used in the past by so many teams.
  • L'Oreille will always bring back great memories, but it came back already and I'm not sure they want to pay homage (again) to an(other) era of mediocrity in Habs history.
  • I used to like U2 a lot at the time they released that album, but Vertigo never really felt quite right for a goal song. Got used to it though, I remember nights with friends at home when I would just blast the original song whenever the Habs scored a goal.
  • Simple Plan... Generation? Really? For the centennial? :huh: Aucun souvenir...
  • Le But was nice in its own local way, I don't really miss it though. Too smooth to bring energy and create momentum in a playoffs game? I mean everyone signs, but I don't know. It sounds like everyone is singing Happy Birthday.
  • From day 1 I hated Hey as a goal song, sounded cheap, generic, and as a proud HFHabs member I hate everything :sarcasm: Now I miss it because it's been way too long since the last games with the crowd at the Bell Centre.
Even if I love and often prefer energetic songs such as Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (I won't post it here as it's the Bruins one, don't wanna offend anyone :laugh:), with our new bigger and better identity it would be cool to have something more gritty, hard rock. I guess we'll get Nickelback.

Bonus: I find Columbus's cannon so cool, I guess we could fire an orange cone instead.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I never understood why Passe-moé la puck by Les Colocs was never tried. The title is franglais, and the music fits. Of course you only put the chorus because the other lyrics are not appropriate for all ages. Maybe that's why, the overall theme of the song is about poverty, kinda depressing. But still, "Passe-moé la puck, j'vais en scorer des buts" followed by a kickass rock chorus would be sick after a nice goal.

At 45 seconds.

Obviously I think the org would want a song with a more neutral theme or directly hockey-related. Vertigo and the others are as safe thematically as they could be. So it cuts a lot of potential choices. Virtually all songs I feel Id like to hear after a goal are classic dad rock's choruses from like Led Zep, the Who, the Stones, etc. but they don't really fit. Still imagine they cranked up Rock n Roll from Led Zeppelin IV after a cool play, I'd go absolutely nuts.

The latest goal song they have since a couple years is atrocious, makes me want to mute it while Id be supposed to get hyped.

Last edited:

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
The first one is a classic that I wouldn't mind coming back, completely forgot Montreal used it! Very old school though, and used in the past by so many teams.

You want to bring back Gary Glitter? :laugh:

Nobody tell him.

Reactions: Shabs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pre-Game Entrance:

Players might want to kill themselves after listening to this 41 times though...lol
Goal Song:

I can only imagine how awesome it would be to have the Bell Center jumping up and down after a goal chanting Jump.
Post-Fight Song:

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think they should play around with songs, chants, sounds and noises though. They're so boring and bland now.
Case in point...put this as a post-fight song:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
R8Ts2P.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad